These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that come as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc. does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc.Post a new opportunity
Request for applications/nominations, Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, Winchester, VA. Attachment: Pastor Search Documents
February 1, 2018
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church (BRGBC) in Winchester, VA, requests applications or nominations of candidates for a call as Pastor.
BRGBC is a congregation affiliated with Charis Fellowship (www.charisfellowship.us), formerly, Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. The church, founded in 1983, is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. BRGBC is debt free, situated on a campus setting with room to grow just west of the city limits.
The attachment includes (1) Vision statement, Mission statement, Essential Qualifications of the Pastor, and search Timetable (subject to change). The Pastor Search Committee will review qualifications of applicants recommended or submitted. Bi-vocational applicants will be considered, also. We prefer a ministry resume to be submitted by email with appropriate attachments to the church email address, BRGBC@comcast.net. If submitted by USPS, send to Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, Pastor Search Committee, 1025 Cedar Creek Grade, Winchester, VA 22602. Please include personal testimony, education, experience, and references.
Inquiries for clarification may be addressed to Interim Pastor Larry Weber at email@example.com, or by telephone at 240-520-2511.
Applications should be received on-or-before March 31, 2018 to be considered.
We encourage you to forward this information with attachment to any qualified person you know who may have an interest in applying for this position.
Pastor Larry Weber, Facilitator, Pastor Search Committee
We, the believers of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, seek to live as disciples of Jesus Christ, reach out with the Gospel locally and globally, love all people, and serve the needs of our community, our country, and the world as the Lord leads.
Our Vision – Worship God; Follow Jesus; Make disciples; Serve others.
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church is united for worship, praise, teaching, and fellowship; we will preach the Gospel directly in our community and spread it through support of global ministries; we commit to obey Jesus’ commands in the Bible, the Word of God; we seek growth in the grace and knowledge of Christ, and to live in truth, love and purity; and we proclaim God’s love through acts of service.
Our Mission – Preach the Gospel; Obey God’s Word; Grow in grace of Jesus Christ; Live in truth, love, and purity; and Show God’s love to others.
BRGBC TIMETABLE FOR SEARCH
(Subject to change.)
December 4 – Approve proposed Pastor Search Committee
December 11 – First Meeting
December 20 – Review of initial questions; Consider Vision, Mission, Essential Qualifications of Pastor
December 31 – Ask congregation for input on Vision, Mission, Qualifications of pastor, and most urgent change
January 3 – Revise Documents for Official Board review
January 8 – Present Documents to Official Board for review/approval
January 21 – Final Review/Approval of Documents by congregation
January 22 – Announce Pastor Search, distribute Vision, Mission, and Essential Qualifications of Pastor to Charis Fellowship organizations, post on website
February – Pastor Search Committee review first applications/nominations received
February – Pastor Search Committee meetings as needed
March 31 – Final date for receipt of applications/nominations
March – Meetings as necessary to review all applications, conduct interviews, check references
April (date to be determined) – Selection of finalists for Pastor and review Pastor Search Process with Official Board
May (date to be determined) – Presentation of recommended Pastor candidate sermon
June (date to be determined) – Congregation vote to call Pastor
Essential Qualifications of Pastor Blue Ridge Grace Brethren
The Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to preach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff. He is the “first among equals” with regards to the Deacons and Official Board of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren (BRGBC), and is held accountable to them.
1. He shall meet the qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
2. He shall fulfill the exhortations found in 1 Peter 5:1-4.
3. He shall love people inside and outside the church with integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness.
4. He will be a humble and accountable Spirit-led, servant of Jesus (Philippians 2:1-8).
5. He shall give himself daily to personal study of the Word of God and to prayer (Acts 6:1-4).
6. He shall submit himself for accountability to his church officers (Hebrews 13:7, 17).
7. He shall be in agreement with the Charis Fellowship Statement of Faith as printed in the church constitution.
1. Fulfill the responsibilities of an elder as outlined in the Scriptures (Acts 20:28-31, Titus 1:9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Hebrews 13:7, 17; James 5:14) as he loves the people and shepherds the flock.
2. Preach and teach the Word of God and to give himself to serious and comprehensive study of God's Word (2 Timothy 4:1-5).
3. Lead the leaders in developing, clarifying, refining, and implementing a Christ-Centered vision of ministry for BRGBC.
4. Seek to equip the saints to do the work of ministry and to edify the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11).
5. Administrate and meet regularly with the church staff, if and when hired.
6. Prayerfully plan the weekly Sunday worship services, along with the Associate Pastor(s), if any.
7. Carry out the ordinances of the church (Three-fold Communion and Baptism by Triune Immersion) in cooperation with the Deacons.
8. Coordinate and prayerfully plan other programming of BRGBC in coordination with the appropriate ministry leaders.
9. Work with the Deacons to handle church discipline, and seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
10. Serve as an ex-officio member of all Ministry Teams, Boards, and Commissions at BRGBC.
11. He will be ordained, or willing to seek ordination, in the Charis Fellowship through the Ministerium of the Mid Atlantic Ministries, Inc. and other affiliated organizations
12. Provide a monthly report for each Official Board meeting.
13. Write essential church communications.
14. Regularly visit the flock as well as minister to the sick and needy.
15. Provide counseling as long as this does not prevent him from fulfilling his primary responsibilities of Bible study and prayer.
16. Develop a community presence through participation in community events, organizations, etc. with the specific purpose of representing Christ and the church in community life.
1. Prepare and perform weddings as needed and as schedule allows.
2. Be involved in funerals as needed and as schedule allows.
3. Be open to the Lord's leading, serving the flock, witnessing with a purpose, and loving people and the Triune God in Heaven.
Anticipated Time Commitments:
1. Forty to fifty hours a week, off on Saturday and one day during week, except for emergencies and special occasions.
2. Monthly Official Board meetings, Monthly District Ministerium meetings as schedule allows, and other meetings and activities as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
1. Compensation of $--,--- annually, to be divided into salary and housing allowance as provided by law and specified in the terms of call together with items 2-9.
2. Reimbursement of ministry expenses up to an amount approved by the congregation annually.
3. Conference and continuing education allowance up to the amount approved by the congregation annually.
4. Vehicle mileage reimbursement up the amount approved by the congregation annually.
5. Paid Day’s off in accordance to stated holidays.
6. An office, computer, internet access, telephone, cell phone reimbursement, and other items that are required for the accomplishment of the position.
7. Ownership of all newly written and intellectual property remains the property of the Senior Pastor, not the church. BRGBC retains the right to publish (print and digital) not-for-profit materials as originally presented.
8. Paid healthcare for the Senior Pastor and family through mutually-agreed insurance carrier.
9. Medical, dental, and eye care reimbursement for the Senior Pastor and family of up to $-,--- annually with proper documentation of expenses that are in accordance with IRS regulations for allowable medical reimbursement.
Senior Pastor Date
Job Description – Full-Time: 40-50 Hours a Week
Peninsula Grace Brethren Church
· Family Pastor Mission Statement
· To equip families to be disciples and make disciples of Jesus
· Family Pastor Heart/Summary
· A man who loves Jesus and has a vision for equipping families to love Jesus and reach other families for Jesus
· Primary focus is to equip and disciple parents, staff and volunteers to make disciples of Jesus
· Possess a unique ability to connect with people of all ages
· Someone whose wife also loves Jesus and supports her husband in making disciples
· Expected Knowledge and Experience
· Biblical studies
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
· Knowledge of biblical curriculum
· Experience in discipleship (discipleship: becoming like Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit and His Word, and making other disciples who make other disciples who...)
· Children’s and Youth Ministry Experience
· Able to teach and preach
· Has raised or is raising children to follow Jesus (the more experience the better!)
· Reports to: Lead Pastor, Elders
· Supervises: Children’s Coordinator, Youth Director, Youth Interns
· Area of Responsibilities
· Church-Based Ministries
· Oversee discipleship and ministries from cradle to college
· Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next
· Equipping and Encouraging Parents
· Disciple, mentor and counsel parents and couples
· Facilitate marriage, parenting and discipleship training
· Intergenerational Connections
· Work with ministries to provide times for all generations to worship, learn and serve together
· Help ministry leaders develop a plan for outreach and spreading the gospel to our community
· Tasks and Functions
· Be an elder, meeting every other week with elder board
· Teach and/or facilitate biblical classes, preaching as much as once a month
· Attend weekly staff meetings
· Establish consistent office hours; 30-40 hours/week (present Sundays, Wednesday nights & as needed)
· Contact Pastor Justin Franchino at (907) 252-8854 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed Ministry Description
Chief of Staff*
Encompass World Partners
The Chief of Staff serves the Executive Director and Agency by pursuing his priorities and objectives so as to relieve him from the responsibilities of daily oversight and management. S/he manages major initiatives and projects, and assists in defining and taking actions such as are needed to complete them in a timely and efficient manner. S/he interfaces with Senior and Mid-level Directors to ensure they a) have appropriate access to the Executive Director, b) receive timely responses to their needs, suggestions and concerns, and c) are informed of decision and actions of the Executive Director and their peers.
Accountability and Relationships
This position is directly accountable to the Executive Director. This position works closely with Senior and Mid-level Directors, and interfaces frequently with the Board of Directors.
Facilitator - - Manager - - Intermediator - - Coordinator - - Influencer - - Ambassador - - Technician
Qualities of a Preferred Candidate
- Embodies and champions the Vision, Values and Objectives of the Agency, and relentlessly pursues alignment with these priorities throughout the organization.
- Embraces the role of Encompass within The Charis Alliance and The Charis Fellowship of North America.
- Finds joy and meaning in the success of others, especially the Executive Director. Is worthy of trust.
- Is self-motivated; does not require or prefer to be managed.
- Listens with discernment, asks clarifying questions, and creates useful summaries, conclusions and action steps.
- Able to organize and manage projects and tasks from ideation to completion.
- Influences others and finds consensus in settings where s/he may not exercise organizational (line) authority.
- The person occupying this position must be located at the Mobilization Headquarters in Atlanta.
- While her/his primary ministry location is Atlanta, s/he must be willing to travel 1 or 2 times per quarter (average). Most trips will be 3-4 days in length, except for the occasional international destination.
- Our Board of Directors assumes this will be a long-term position, so we are seeking a candidate willing to make an initial four-year commitment, beginning April 1, 2018.
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry is strongly preferred, as well as formal education to the Masters Level.
*This title is descriptive. Exact position title still under consideration.
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, WA is seeking the man who is called to serve as its next senior pastor
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next senior pastor. We look forward to hearing from him.
Current worship service attendance averages 40-50. There is an opportunity to reach the many families in this suburban community to build this part of God’s kingdom. The church neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin and has a mix of single family homes and apartments.
The senior pastor position is a full-time position (the only paid employee of the church) and is the only pastoral position. The previous senior pastor retired (after 14 years) and relocated to Florida. An experienced interim part-time pastor is serving in the pulpit. Sunday school classes and the ministries for women, men and youth are led by lay church members. Four men presently comprise the church elder board. Church member volunteers also perform most typical administrative and worship service duties (e.g., worship music, ushers/stewards, treasury and secretarial, custodial and maintenance).
The church facility is a well-maintained two-story property owned by the church, in a fully developed residential neighborhood (across the street from a public elementary school) in the city of Kent (population 120,000), which is a suburb of Seattle, WA. The church is without debt and has operated with a balanced budget for more than ten years. We expect future giving will need to grow with attendance, but existing church financial resources will provide a buffer while that occurs.
Washington ranked in the bottom 10 states for regular church attendance and religious belief in a Gallup survey, and this community needs to hear the Gospel. We seek a man who will grow this church by encouraging and retaining the current church body while inviting others to join with them.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should
1. Review the online “Profile….” and “Qualities and Qualifications…” information referenced below, and then
2. Contact church elder James E. Miller at 25505 217th Ave SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Phone: 425-417-5853 or email: email@example.com
a. When you contact Mr. Miller, please include your resume (educational and all employment including both clergy and secular)
b. Provide copies of recorded audio files for sermons delivered by you (or links to web postings for them), including information also of when and where preached.
c. Include a cover letter (or email) explaining why you are interested in this ministry and your future availability.
Profile of the church and position:
Qualities and qualifications for the pastor:
The church website is found at: www.gracekent.org
A search is now being conducted to find a new full-time Camp Caretaker at Camp Albryoca in Somerset County, PA. This job requires a vast variety of skills, such as being an electrician, plumber, carpenter, repairman and a general all-around handyman. The Caretaker will also need to take a test to be “Certified” to operate the Camp indoor swimming pool. He will be expected to keep the Camp neat and in working order, as well as taking care of booking all Camp Rentals. Being Camp Caretaker is a full-time job, so the Caretaker is expected to live in the home provided at the Camp.
If anyone is interested in applying for this position, please make your request, in writing, telling a little about yourself (a resume), to Pastor Larry R. Weigle, 3449 Stoystown Road, Stoystown, PA 15563-8173.
All applicants will be interviewed by the Camp Trustee Board. This is a very important ministry, so please make this a matter of prayer. If possible, we would like to have a new Caretaker at Camp Albryoca as soon as possible, at least by Spring 2018.
If you have any questions, contact Pastor Weigle at (814) 893-5422
HIGH SCHOOL DIRECTOR WANTED
Grace Community Church is located in Frederick, MD. We are currently a church of about 500 people and our youth ministry is currently averaging 70-75 students per week.
Our vision is to reach the world for Jesus by intentionally equipping and sending disciple makers and we aim to do that by being disciples who make disciples who live and love like Jesus. Our core values are very important to us and they are as follows: grace, community, discipleship, generosity, service, faith, integrity, excellence, evangelism and celebration. We’re looking for someone who is passionate in their pursuit of Christ and is pointing people to Him and is willing to lead a ministry that is student lead and adult supported. This is a full-time position and could be a pastoral position upon completion of a pastoral licensure and ordination exam.
To learn more about our church and youth ministry you can check out our websites here - www.gracetoday.org and www.LighthouseYM.com and to get a copy of our detailed job description go here - www.gracetoday.org/who-we-are/employment-opportunities
Interested candidates should send resumes to Pastor Eric Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would be interested in leading a church that desires to move to the next level of effective ministry than Palmyra Grace is a church you should consider. We are seeking to have a ministry that emphasizes reaching the un-churched, growing Christ-followers, equipping Christ-followers to actively minister; and developing leaders to own the various ministry segments. The church is averaging 150 in attendance with a good kids ministry as well as a good student ministry.
We have taken the time to assess our strengths and weaknesses and believe we are positioned to continue to grow under the next strategic lead pastor. We are located in Central Pennsylvania about 5 miles from Hershey, PA and 17 miles from Harrisburg, PA.
The Lead Pastor will oversee/develop the following areas:
- Development and implementation of the vision of the church
- Development of ministry leaders
- Development of ministry systems
- Coaching ministry workers
- Oversight of the Sunday services including preaching regularly
- Oversight and development of ministry staff
- Oversight and development of an outreach culture
- Oversight of the discipling system
The Lead Pastor will…
Be a growing, mature Christ-follower
Be in agreement with Palmyra GBC’s philosophy of ministry, which includes its mission, vision, and doctrine
Have a strong desire to lead and develop the church
Have a strong desire to build relationships
Have the following skills:
Able to develop and implement the ministry vision
Able to make wise decisions quickly
Able to develop and lead leaders
Able to develop, encourage, and coach ministry workers
Able to preach with a high degree of application and effectiveness
Able to manage people
Able to resolve conflict
Have the following attitudes, abilities and desires:
Able to implement vision components
Always strive for excellence
Desire to work hard
Desire to finish what is started, bringing tasks to completion.
Ability to hold confidences with integrity.
The Lead Pastor maintains relationships with the following people groups:
Elder team and Deacon Team
Members and attenders of the church
Un-churched people with the sphere of influence of the church
If you are interested, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and your resume to email@example.com
Grow New England is looking for a long-term church planting intern.
The purpose of Grow New England is to enlist, educate, and equip church planters to establish Grace Brethren Churches on Boston’s North Shore and throughout New England.
This intern will receive…
- Theological Training
- Discipleship Training
- Practical Ministry Training
The intern will be exposed to and involved in leading evangelistic Bible studies, discipleship (BILD and Biblical counseling), community outreach, preaching and teaching and other hands-on ministries.
This is a 24-36-month internship with the goal of planting a church. During the latter stages (year3) the intern will begin to identify a location and launch team with the assistance of the director and board of Grow New England.
Grow New England is a cooperating ministry of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. Our organization was officially incorporated in October 2011. Prior to 2011 North Shore Bible Church, now located in Essex started in April 2000 in a living room in Gloucester MA. It was the goal of that first church to reproduce itself throughout the towns of New England. And was very much the birthplace of Grow New England.
The position is an unpaid position. The intern will be encouraged to find employment. There is also an opportunity to raise financial support through Grow New England. The intern will be discipled by the director of Grow New England and the pastoral staff of North Shore Bible Church.
The intern should meet the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
For more information contact Jack Brown at 508.284.5098 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow New England and North Shore Bible Church are looking for a pastor/church planter to lead their most recent church plant in Danvers MA.
North Shore Bible Church, Danvers was started in October 2015. Current worship service attendance averages 35. Danvers MA is a town of about 30,000 people located approximately 25 miles north of Boston. As is true with most New England towns Danvers is in desperate need of the Gospel.
The position is a part-time position and will require the pastor to work a minimum of 25 hours a week outside the church. The founding pastor and director of Grow New England will work with the pastor as he transitions into the position.
* This position shall be held by a man who meets the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
* He will serve on the elder board.
* He will be responsible to preach, teach and exercise his spiritual gifts.
* He will work directly with the elder board in the execution of the church's vision..
For more information contact Jack Brown at 508.284.5098 or email@example.com