These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Delaware Grace Church
Delaware Grace Church of Delaware, OH has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of revitalization. This congregation of approximately 250 people has enthusiastically embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a productive future and to be more effective in reaching its community.
Delaware Grace Church is seeking a Revitalization Pastor to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition and into a new and fruitful future.
Requirements of a Revitalization Pastor
· able to develop a vision and clear strategy for replanting/revitalizing/renewing a community church
· able to plan both short-term and long-term projects, identify project goals and set time lines for achieving those goals
· able to motivate others to participate in achieving vision and planning goals for church renewal and growth
· have a strong marriage with a spouse who shares God’s call to the church renewal ministry and who wholeheartedly supports her husband in this undertaking
· has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
· is committed to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and to the authority of Scripture
· is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
· displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
· pursues righteousness and a godly life
· be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
· has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
· has a passion for God’s purpose for His church and its role in and for the world
· is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching
· has the ability to teach/preach the Bible to diversified audiences consistent with the Gospel message
· willing and able to share preaching responsibilities with a team under his own leadership and direction
· ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
· has excellent communication skills
· adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
· able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
· is a problem solver
· ability to work well with others in leadership positions
· ability to develop and drive vision for the church
· ability to motivate and mobilize consensus around a unified vision
Heart of a Pastor
· desires to and capable for ministry to both families and singles
· desire to be connected and engaged in the community
· driven to bring unchurched people to Jesus
· cultivates a personal practice of prayer with a desire to see the church body do the same
· committed to sharing God’s truth with grace and love
· committed to God’s definition of justice, race, equality, service, etc.
· willing and able to address current culture through a Biblical worldview
Qualifications of a Revitalization Pastor
· Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach
· Prior experience a plus
· Education – Bible College or Seminary Training
· Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
About Delaware Grace
Delaware, OH is a growing community of approximately 40,000 residents approximately 30 miles north of Columbus.
Delaware Grace has a strong elder team and staff and serve their community from an updated, modernized worship facility located on north end of the city. The church has been without a senior pastor since mid-2020, but under the care of an interim pastor.
Poised for a hopeful new future, the new pastor of Delaware Grace will be taking leadership of a church with a great deal of potential growth and community impact.
To Apply for This Position
Download and complete this application. Email it, along with a resume to: