These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Palmyra Grace Church
799 Airport Road,
Palmyra PA 17078
Director of Worship Arts and Media
The Director of Worship Arts and Media (DWA) will participate in the overall staff team emphasis of discipleship and disciple making. The DWA is to oversee the Worship Arts strategy of Palmyra Grace Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Palmyra Grace Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values.
The DWA will be responsible to create a worship environment in the worship service through leading and mentoring to musicians, vocalists and other worship arts volunteers including, video, sound, lighting, and hospitality team. This individual must be able to play and lead worship from guitar or keyboard. The candidate must be high-energy yet discerning and is passionate about creative and artistic ministry. This person must have integrity and a heart for worship. Candidate should be technically-minded, leadership-focused, have an equipping mindset and looking to work in a team.
This role is part-time approximately 10-15 hours per week.
The Director of Worship Arts and Media will be responsible for the following:
- Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Palmyra Grace Church. The DWA should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The DWA models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The DWA strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to a regular quiet-time with God.
- Attending the Palmyra Grace weekend service on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of Palmyra Grace Church by financial giving proportionate to income.
- Must be Dependable, mature, expressive of feelings, exhibit Godly character, compassionate, flexible, teachable, a team player, self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, able to mentor & coach others.
- Must have an intentional prayer life and demonstrate the ability to lead others in faith and life, energetically and enthusiastically.
- Must be able to think strategically, develop and implement goals, recognize giftedness in others, recruit and disciple others in the worship life of the church, communicateeffectively with current and perspective worship volunteers and paid musicians.
- Must be confident in their ability to speak publicly – in groups for teaching and training, in the congregation for leading in worship.
- Must demonstrate positive, interactive participation on the staff team that models mutual respect, accountability, and the free expression of their God-given spiritual gifts for the benefit of the team and the church.
- Regular Responsibilities:
Oversee Worship & Creative Arts for Sunday morning services, and occasional special services.
Worship Leader and Musician
- Personally lead worship band instrumentally and vocally approximately 50% of year.
- Oversee the worship team when he/she is not actively leading the Sunday worship experience.
- Collaborate with the lead pastor and other presenters towards a unified vision and message for the Sunday Experience.
- Assist with planning and execution of new services and experiences including different formats and forms of musical and creative expression.
Develop Worship and Creative Arts Team
- Work closely with the pastoral team to develop themes and integrate the various creative elements into a cohesive message that supports the sermon series and other vital areas of church life.
- Identify, recruit, train and encourage the team leaders and volunteers.
- Able to plan and budget for your areas of responsibility
Oversee Media Ministries
- Supervise maintenance and acquisition of music and technology equipment.
- Ensure communication and coordination for the Sunday experience with media volunteers.
- Working understanding of video, sound, lighting, and technical aspects of worship ministry and able to train others.
Education & Experience
- Experience in a Worship/Creative Arts Ministry
- Successful career progress in the Worship/Creative Arts area
Gifts and Abilities
- Heart to minister to others through music and relational care
- Inspirational leader who is humble and Spirit-led
- Musical and vocal abilities
- Theologically grounded
- Understands Team Ministry
- Excellent in oral and written communications
- Able to multi-task
- Detail and task oriented, able to follow through
- Tenacious and resourceful
- Able to implement creative vision and equip others to see vision fulfilled
- Confidently lead lay leaders, teams, and other volunteer
- Read music and/or charts
- Proficient with sound systems
- Proficient with multi-media
- Working knowledge of lighting systems
- Stage/set design
- Strong interest in overall church design
- Working knowledge of sound/video editing
If interested please submit your resume along with a link to your work (ex.,YouTube) or a DVD to email@example.com Palmyra Grace Church, 799 Airport Rd. Palmyra, PA 17078.