These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Fairlawn Grace Brethren Church
Fairlawn GBC of Fairlawn, VA has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of identifying a new senior pastor and walking through a process for revitalization. After 35 years, the church’s long-time senior pastor retired in 2020, leading to this opportunity. The elders and congregation have embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a fruitful future in reaching its community with the gospel.
Fairlawn GBC is seeking a Revitalization Pastor who will work with Assist Church Expansion through the revitalization and into the future.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
· Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
· Prior, proven ministry experience.
· Bible College or Seminary Training
· Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
· has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
· is committed to Jesus Christ and to the authority of Scripture
· is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
· displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
· pursues righteousness and a godly life
· be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
Life on Mission
· has a heartfelt burden for lost people and a desire to lead a church that is effectively reaching its community
· models a lifestyle of evangelism through building relationships with people who are far from God
· has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
· Has the skills and discernment to counsel and guide church members through life challenges using a biblical foundation
· is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching, using God’s Word to inspire the local church for mission
· ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
· has excellent communication skills
· adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
· able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
· is a problem solver
· ability to work well with others in leadership positions
Fairlawn, VA is a small community of approximately 2200 residents in beautiful, historic western Virginia. It is adjacent to and serviced by Radford, VA, a community of approximately 18,000. Radford is home to Radford University, a public university with more than 7500 undergraduate students.
The Fairlawn GBC has a well-maintained church building located next door to the local elementary school. For the past 15 years, the church has averaged attendance between 35 – 50 people in weekend worship.