These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Student Ministry Director (Grace Church of Lexington)
Reports to:Lead Pastor
Employment Status: Part-time position
At least 25-30 hours per week, which includes 2 hours of time on Sunday mornings and 3 hours on Sunday evening.
Position Summary:To oversee and be personally involved in the Student Ministry. To connect students and parents to Grace Church and help them take their next step on their journey with Jesus. To connect Grace Church to the needs of Richland County and to mobilize the church.
· Oversee every facet of the Student Ministry including leadership, teaching, and vision.
· Oversee and facilitate student retreats including Momentum, Connect, and Jr. High Camp.
· Develop a program based on Think Orange philosophy of ministry that includes games, lessons, small groups, and group events.
· Regularly connect with local organizations to assist the people of Richland County in their needs.
· Organize and mobilize an Outreach Team.
1. Agree to the Charis Fellowship Commitment to Common Identity (charisfellowship.us/cci) and the Personnel Policy of Grace Church.
2. Be totally committed to your own spiritual growth as a developing Christ-follower.
3. Oversee necessary administration, as well as all budgetary issues ensuring sound stewardship of resources.
4. Develop relationships with teens, parents, and Youth Staff, through individual and group contact, mail, email, phone, social media, and community.
5. Partner with parents and provide them with resources and support.
6. Is responsible for Impact Student Ministry Sunday Night (6-8 p.m.) programming.
7. Plan and execute regular events designed to attract friends of our current students.
8. Plan and lead monthly Youth Staff Meeting for planning and training.
9. Meet with community leaders and the YMCA daycare director and develop ways for Grace Church to make an impact in Richland County.
10. See yourself as a team player and be willing to help in other areas as needed.
11. Meet with the Lead Pastor regularly and complete your time investment sheet weekly.
1. Experience in leading Student Ministry
2. College education is a plus.
3. Skills needed:
a. Able to make wise decisions quickly
b. Solid administrative skills
c. Ability to manage people and develop, encourage, and train teams
d. Able to teach students with effectiveness, relevance, energy, and enthusiasm
e. Always strive for excellence
f. Ability to hold confidences with integrity