These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Grace Community Church – Huber Heights, OH
Grace Community Church of Huber Heights, OH has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of identifying a new lead pastor and walking through a process for revitalization. After 28 years, the church’s long-time senior pastor will soon retire, leading to this opportunity. The elders and congregation have embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a fruitful future in reaching its community with the gospel.
Grace Community Church is seeking a Revitalization Pastor who will work with Assist Church Expansion through the revitalization process and into the future.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
· possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach
· prior, proven ministry experience
· minimum of bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies. MDiv or ThM is preferred
· willing and able to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
· has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
· is committed to Jesus Christ and to the authority of Scripture
· is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
· displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
· pursues righteousness and a godly life
· be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
Life on Mission
· has a heartfelt burden for lost people and a desire to lead a church that is effectively reaching its community
· models a lifestyle of evangelism through building relationships with people who are far from God
· has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
· is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching, using God’s Word to inspire the local church for mission
· ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
· has excellent communication skills
· adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
· able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
· is a problem solver
· ability to work well with others in leadership positions
About Grace Community Church
Located northeast of Dayton, Huber Heights is a suburban community of approximately 40,000 residents. Grace Community Church was established in 1959. It has been meeting in its current location since the early 1960’s. At its peak in the early 2000’s, the church was approximately 250 in weekend attendance. Today, the church averages approximately 130 in Sunday worship.