These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Grace Church and Lanham Christian School (LCS) are seeking an individual to provide spiritual care for students in the church and school.
Grace Church is a growing body of believers committed to reaching our community for Christ. We are a church about Jesus and a church without walls. We are located in Lanham, Maryland about 15 minutes from the heart of DC. Our church is small (30-50 attendees) and is currently in the midst of a revitalization.
Lanham Christian School is a ministry of Grace Church that provides a quality education to local families taught from a Christian worldview. We have about 210 students in our K4 through twelfth grade program.
Minimum bachelor’s degree in Biblical or Theological studies; seminary or master’s preferred
Held a ministry position in an established church or ministry for a minimum of one year
Theological alignment with the Charis Fellowship of Churches
Prior experience discipling children and adolescents
Is passionate about ministering in a suburban/urban area that has a multicultural demographic
Strong work ethic and willingness to serve others in humility
Possesses innovative ideas on effective ministry
Open to pursue ordination in the Charis Fellowship
A committed follower of Jesus Christ and the authority of scripture
Possesses a regular and robust devotional and prayer life
Dedicated to personal and professional growth
Individual seeks to be guided by Holy Spirit in personal and professional decisions
Operation of the Fruit of the Spirit is evident in interactions with others
Ministry Responsibilities Include:
35-50 hours weekly
o 30-40 hours devoted to Lanham Christian School o 5-10 hours devoted to Grace Church
Grace Church Responsibilities:
o Sunday morning children’s and youth director; Sunday School/Children’s Church o Mid-Week youth service/Small Groups
o Plan and execute outreach activities to reach students and teens in the community. o Assist with church revitalization projects
Lanham Christian School Responsibilities: Please note that many of these responsibilities are concentrated to the school year and the school day (September through June; 7:30am – 3:30pm); Additionally, there are three vacation periods ranging from three to ten days, depending on the holiday, for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter built into each contract. The list below is an outline of what potential responsibilities might look like, however, the specifics would vary based on the competencies of individual candidate. School scheduling is also flexible depending on the nature of the specific responsibilities.
- Spiritual oversight and direction for students in keeping with the ministry and vision of Grace Church
- Coordinateatwo-dayspiritualretreatforhighschoolstudentsatthebeginningoftheschool year (October)
- Coordinate a one/two-day spiritual retreat of middle school students at the beginning of the school year (November)
- Lead a yearly mission’s trip for students include year-round discipleship training
- Provide coaching and support for students who are struggling academically and behaviorally; create action plans for academic rehabilitation or counseling as needed
- Lead afterschool discipleship programs independently or inconjunction with local ministry programs such as FCA or Cru.
Elementary (K4-5th Grade) Chapel
- Aid teachers as needed to prepare Chapel services
- AV assistance
Middle/High School (6th -12th Grade) Chapel
- Work with the worship team to prepare a cohesive chapel service that draws students into a deeper understanding of their faith
- Open and Close Chapel services
- Schedule chapel speakers
- Teach 1-3 High School Bible classes during the school year depending on other responsiblities
Interested individuals should email a resume to [email protected]