These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Worship Leader (Part-Time)
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church (Winchester, Virginia) is looking for a man to lead us in Gospel-saturated, biblically-sound, and musically-vibrant worship. This part-time position (app. 10 hours/week) could fit any employment scenario, including treating this as a pastoral internship, in which case the pastor will give individualized instruction and discipleship to help develop the next generation of worship leaders.
Our congregation of approximately eighty people has historically used the classic hymns of the faith, as well as many of the standard gospel songs of the late-nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Newer songs introduced in the past couple of years have been written or popularized by artists such as Sovereign Grace Music, the Gettys, City Alight, Matt Papa, Matt Boswell, and Matt Merker, and we anticipate continuing in that vein.
Given the size of our congregation, we are currently looking for someone who would work no more than ten hours a week (which include Sundays), and whose responsibilities would include:
- Planning and leading the musical expressions of worship on Sunday mornings
- Coordinating with the pastor on a weekly basis
- Coordinating practices with other members of the worship and A/V teams
- Coordinating special services throughout the year (e.g., Good Friday, Easter, Christmas Sunday, Christmas Eve, as well as evening Threefold Communion services)
With those responsibilities, we would anticipate the man would have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of the Word of God that is both solid and growing
- Demonstration of godly maturity
- Member of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church (i.e., commitment to this local body alone)
- Possess strong vocal ability
- Ability to lead proficiently from the piano and/or guitar
Additional skills that would be helpful and utilized:
- Knowledge of ProPresenter and/or streaming equipment
- Opportunities to preach can be made available to those who have the ability