These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
The West Kittanning Grace Brethren Church (WKGBC) is prayerfully seeking our next Senior Pastor. We are located 40 miles north of Pittsburgh in Kittanning, PA which sits along the Allegheny River in Armstrong County. We have an active, three-part ministry made up of the church, a K-12 Christian school on the church grounds, and a partially developed 108-acre church camp. We are a member of the Charis Fellowship and the West Penn District. Our average weekly attendance is 85 people. Interested applicants should submit the following items to Joe Bisping and the pastor search committee of WKGBC at [email protected].
- Cover letter
- At least three letters of recommendation addressing spiritual health, work ethic, and character
Click Here for a Video Profile of West Kittanning Grace Brethren Church
- Meets the qualifications of elder/overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- In full agreement with WKGBC’s statement of faith
- Seminary or Biblical Studies Degree
- Ordained in the Charis Fellowship preferred
- Senior pastor experience preferred
- Teach the Word of God each Sunday morning
- Fulfill the responsibilities of an elder/overseer as outlined in the Scriptures
- The candidate must prioritize prayer, scripture study, and His personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Guide ministry leaders in developing, clarifying, refining, and implementing a vision for WKGBC
- Equip the saints to do the work of ministry and to edify the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11)
- Administrate and meet regularly with the church staff
- Plan and coordinate the weekly Sunday worship services
- Serve on the school board of Grace Christian School (Church’s K-12 school)
- Serve on the Elder Board (currently 8 members)
- Serve on the camp board for Camp Charis (Church’s 108 acre camp)
- Participate in community events and organizations as a representative of Christ and WKGBC
- Be actively involved with the West Penn District and Charis Fellowship such as district ministerium, Camp Mantowagan, National Conference, etc.
- Visitation with members
- Officiate weddings/funerals
- Provide counseling as needed
- Carry out the ordinances of the church (Three-fold Communion & Triune Immersion Baptism) in cooperation with church leaders and members
- Work with the elders to handle church discipline and conflict in the church, seeking to reconcile relationships, and promote unity within the church.