These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
New Beginnings Charis Fellowship Church
New Beginnings of Myerstown, PA has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of identifying a new senior pastor and walking through a process for revitalization. After 25 years, the church’s long-time senior pastor will be retiring in 2021, leading to this opportunity. The elders and congregation have embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a fruitful future in reaching its community with the gospel.
New Beginnings Charis Fellowship is seeking a Revitalization Pastor willing to make a minimum 3-year commitment to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
· Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
· Prior, proven ministry experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree – Bible College or Seminary Training
· Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
· has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
· is committed to Jesus Christ and to the authority of Scripture
· is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
· displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
· pursues righteousness and a godly life
· be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
Life on Mission
· has a heartfelt burden for lost people and a desire to lead a church that is effectively reaching its community
· models a lifestyle of evangelism through building relationships with people who are far from God
· has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
· Has the skills and discernment to counsel and guide church members through life challenges using a biblical foundation
· is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching, using God’s Word to inspire the local church for mission
· ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
· has excellent communication skills
· adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
· able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
· is a problem solver
· ability to work well with others in leadership positions
About the Church
New Beginnings’ ministry history dates back to the late 1960’s in Myerstown. As a member of the Charis Fellowship of Churches, New Beginnings places high value on the participation in and commitment to relationships with other Fellowship churches.
The church has declined in attendance over the past ten years from approximately 400 in weekly attendance to an average of 90 weekly worshippers.
In accordance with its membership in the Charis Fellowship, New Beginnings holds to a pre-millennial, dispensational view of scripture. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to the doctrine of election, but not Lordship salvation.
NEXT STEPS PASTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Grace Church - Wooster, OH
Reports to: Senior Pastor
PURPOSE OF MINISTRY: To creatively lead and teach families to take their next step toward full devotion to Jesus Christ.
- Presents an ongoing, biblically-centered lifestyle in accordance with the code of conduct and general beliefs of Grace Church.
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to making disciples who make disciples and a strong concern for those who are without a relationship with Jesus.
- Active member in good standing of Grace Church.
- Supports the doctrine, (Statement of Faith – Bylaws Article 2.01-.04) mission, values, vision and strategy of Grace Church.
- Meets qualifications for elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- Perform ministerial functions such as (but not limited to) devotions, prayer, sharing the gospel and relevant life application biblical teaching as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide Spirit-directed leadership to the Next Steps Team to ensure that team members give their greatest energies to encourage the most people to take their next steps in faith.
- Identifies, empowers and releases leaders who help people take their next step.
- As a great teammate, works in harmony with the Senior Pastor and entire staff to fulfill the church’s mission, vision and values and builds a healthy team culture.
- Provides leadership and management of the Next Steps Team through prayer, meetings, direction, overseeing the team budget, professional development, care and coaching.
- Actively engage in any and all meetings and assigned roles or all-church events or initiatives as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Develop and give regular attention to the Next Steps Dashboard evaluating effectiveness and progress of each step using appropriate metrics.
- Provide visionary leadership and oversight to the Director of Groups working to instill and ensure the “in, out and up” culture in each and every group.
- Help shape the direction of the church by working in collaboration with other members of the Directional Leadership Team (if assigned).
- Participate as a member of the teaching team: offer biblically accurate, culturally relevant, life application teaching in weekend services, groups and electives as assigned.
- Provide pastoral care through counseling, in-depth discipleship opportunities and personal care follow ups when appropriate (calls, messages, hospital visitations, etc).
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Grace Brethren Christian School is seeking an experienced administrator to serve as our next School Director. GBCS is a fully accredited, multicultural school which has served students in K3-12th grades in Prince Georges County, a Maryland suburb of Washington DC, since 1965.
The School Director is the point leader of Grace Brethren Christian School and has oversight of all areas of the school ministry. We are looking for a leader with a proven track record in Christian education with both administrative and classroom experience. A Masters or Doctorate degree in Education or Educational Administration is required.
The candidate must have a growing and vibrant relationship with Christ and maintain a positive Christian testimony. The director should be in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the Grace Brethren Church of Clinton and be willing to become a member of our church.
For a complete job description and application packet please contact email@example.com.
Profile of ministry:
Grace Community Church of Seal Beach, located one block from beautiful Seal Beach, is in a season of growth and is seeking a Pastor of Worship. We are sending our current Pastor of Worship to plant a new church in July, 2021 and we are hoping to make a hire before then.
This is a senior role on our pastoral leadership team together with our Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor. The role is centered on cultivating meaningful, biblical worship, both in leading Sunday gatherings as well as in helping our congregation develop personal acts of worship.
The importance of both a theological and practical understanding and articulation of biblical worship is a key qualification. It is our desire that the Pastor of Worship will also bring significant musical expertise as well as an appreciation for various instrumental and vocal expressions. That expression should include both contemporary Christian music as well as classic hymns of the church, led with contemporary styles.
“Participatory Worship” is one of our core values, which steers our approach. We purposely involve a blend of ages, races and genders on our worship teams, and our church loves to worship in all its many facets. We are a church with a healthy mix of all generations, which we view as a strength, and we are looking for a full-time pastor to join our staff who shares those values and is able to lead worship with a broad appeal.
The Pastor of Worship will
Plan and lead the Sunday worship services in cooperation with the teaching pastors in support of the teaching theme.
Equip volunteer instrumental musicians, vocalists and support technicians. This includes the recruiting, training, and mentoring of volunteers in various ages and stages of ability for both current and future growth.
Raise up new worship leaders in the church by training, equipping, and providing opportunities for others to lead in worship, either on Sunday morning or in other ministries of the church. Coordinate with Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry to support their worship music leadership needs.
Ensure that the technical elements of the service are attractive, well-prepared and running smoothly, including projection, sound, room décor, and lighting. Manage the expenses for these items in accord with the budget for the Worship Ministry.
Supervise the greeters, ushers, and other Sunday morning volunteers, and improve systems and training, as needed.
Develop creative worship opportunities for people beyond Sunday morning worship, through retreats, written materials, and other resources.
Organize special worship services such as Good Friday, Ash Wednesday, and Christmas Eve.
Shepherd/pastor those under your areas of ministry in their personal walks with the Lord.
The Pastor of Worship will
Be a mature disciple of Jesus Christ with a heart for worship, sensitive to the continuous presence of God through the Holy Spirit, with evidence of a strong prayer life.
Have a consistent background of proven volunteer recruitment and development.
Have significant musicianship (preferably guitar and/or piano) with the skill to play, sing, lead a team and sense the Spirit’s guidance during congregational worship.
Have the ability to play other relevant instruments (drums, bass, keys, etc) well enough to coach volunteer musicians on how to perform and improve.
Have some formal theological training (Christian college or seminary degree preferred), manifesting a thoughtful and coherent understanding of what worship services should facilitate on a weekly basis in the souls, hearts, and lives of believers and non-believers.
Have a deep knowledge and memorization of scripture to be used throughout worship.
Exhibit enthusiasm for our Statements of Faith, commitment to our teaching positions, and support for Charis Fellowship distinctives.
Possess an appreciation and understanding of a variety of Christian music (gospel songs, modern/contemporary worship songs, traditional hymnody, choral music, etc).
Commit to full-time ministry at Grace Community Church of Seal Beach.
Have administrative skills, experience supervising part-time staff and working in collaborative teams on a previous church staff.
A successful candidate will be characterized by
Humility: works as part of a pastoral team; is mutually submissive; has the attitude of rendering service without expecting acclaim; takes joy in seeing others excel; is willing and eager to embrace a variety of music that leads to congregational participation; is authentic and vulnerable in admitting where personal improvement is needed as an example to others.
Love: must love the people of Grace Community Church and the greater Seal Beach community as we are; cannot be a person who wishes this were a different kind of church, but must want to lead us in becoming a more Christ-like version of who we are.
Pastor’s heart: doesn’t see people as problems, but has compassion for others and a desire to bring the congregation to God in worship.
Enthusiasm for all-ages ministry: needs to be excited to lead all generations in worship, since Grace is an inter-generational church.
Desire to learn: is a lifelong learner who wants to continually improve as a pastor, musician and disciple of Jesus, with the vision to see where improvement is necessary.
Cooperative Spirit: is comfortable working within the framework of the Charis Fellowship, especially as it pertains to Threefold Communion and triune immersion baptism.
Gospel-centered Life: exhibits a life in which Jesus is Lord and the Gospel is at the center of how they see themselves rather than adherence to legalism, able to balance the tension of Christian liberty in that “all things are lawful but not all things are expedient” (1 Corinthians 6:12).
For further information and next steps, please visit our Pastor of Worship Opportunity Profile.
Lehigh Valley Grace Brethren Church (LVGBC) is currently searching for a new lead pastor. LVGBC is a loving, family oriented Charis church located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, the heart of the Lehigh Valley.
We are a congregation of all ages who desire to be “on mission” as we reach the next generation. We are prayerfully searching for the new leader that the Lord has for our church to take us into future growth, mission, and advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We strive to be a church “on mission” and are searching for a lead Pastor who has a strong desire to build relationships, develop people’s spiritual gifts and to help lead them into ministry.
If you have a vision for future church growth, not just numerically but also spiritually; If you would like to encourage and build on current ministries that are already developed and working well then we invite you to prayerfully consider this position.
Loving one another in Christ,
The Pastoral Search Committee at Lehigh Valley Grace Brethren Church, Bethlehem, Pa.
We will accept resumes for this position until Jan. 31, 2021.
If you are interested in pursuing this positon please send your resume to:
Pastoral Search Team, Attn. Mike O’Hare, 580 Bridle Path Rd., Bethlehem, Pa. 18018
or email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
MORE ABOUT OUR CHURCH:
LV Grace Church is a loving church family, equipping one another to be “on mission” and to help people find Jesus. We do that by worshiping together, studying God’s Word together, and serving our community together. It is our passion to love God and love each other. We love sharing our faith in God who loves us, and Jesus who died to save us so we can live with Him forever.
LVGBC can trace its beginnings to the Allentown Brethren church which was started in 1896 as a church plant from the 1st Brethren Church of Philadelphia. We have been in our present location since 1977 and Pastor Larry T. Humberd has been the Lead Pastor at this location since 1993. After almost thirty years of Pastoral ministry Pastor Larry is going to transition to a new type of ministry and we are prayerfully searching for a lead Pastor.
Most recently we have been closely cooperating with two younger congregations both within two miles of our location. We have met together for corporate worship and ministry and see this as a continuing and deepening relationship.
Grace Fellowship of Kent, WA is seeking the man called to serve as its pastor
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next pastor. We look forward to hearing from him.
The pastor position is a full-time position (the only paid employee of the church) and is the only pastoral position. The previous pastor retired and relocated. A retired pastor is serving part-time in the pulpit. Sunday school classes and the ministries for women, men and children are led by lay church members. Four men comprise the church elder board. Church member volunteers also perform most typical administrative and worship service duties (e.g., worship music, ushers/stewards, accounting and secretarial, custodial and maintenance).
The church facility is a well-maintained two-story property owned by the church, in a fully developed residential neighborhood (across the street from a public elementary school) in the city of Kent (population 120,000), a suburb of Seattle. The church neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin and has a mix of single-family homes and apartments.
Our ministry serves a blended community of people speaking English and/or Mandarin. Some church activities and small groups involve everyone while others focus on a particular language group. Church worship services are conducted in English with a live audio translation available in Mandarin; attendance averages about 60. We seek a man who will build on our growing church by encouraging and retaining the current church body while inviting others to join with them from Kent and nearby communities.
The church is without debt and has operated with a balanced budget for more than ten years. We expect future giving will need to grow with attendance, but existing church financial resources will provide a buffer while that occurs.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should:
- Review the online “Profile” and “Qualities” information referenced below, and then
Contact the Pastor Search team by email: Pastor.Search@gracekent.org
- When you contact the Pastor Search team, please include your complete resume (educational, credentials and all employment including both pastoral and secular).
- Provide copies of recorded audio files for sermons delivered by you (or provide publicly accessible web links), including information as to when and where the messages were preached.
- Include a cover letter (or email) explaining why you are interested in this ministry and your future availability.
Profile of the church and position: GFK Pastorship opportunity
Qualities and qualifications for the pastor: Qualities desired in a pastor
The church website is: www.gracekent.org