These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Grace Community Church, Fremont, OH is looking for a man to serve in a paid, year-long residency (with great potential to become a full staff position), as the worship leader resident at our Northwood, OH campus- GRACEPOINTE Church. If you are passionate about serving Jesus Christ, energetic, organized, flexible, can bring energy to a worship service, and want to grow while helping ourchurch grow then GRACEPOINTE is for you!
We are a gospel-centered, community-focused, creative, theologically conservative, non-charismatic, church that is growing steadily. GRACEPOINTE is a 5-year-old relaunch that has grown to 230+ people and averages 140+ each week. We have been growing and laying a solid foundation through discipling new believers which has positioned us well for continued growth. Currently GRACEPOINTE has a full-time campus pastor, a full-time pastoral resident, a part-time office assistant with the rest of the ministries being led by highly talented and committed volunteers.
Our church is looking for a man who has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is biblically grounded, passionate about ministry, and can develop our current music team, as well as, recruit and build the ministry. You would collaborate with the worship leaders from our 2 other campuses to develop the musical worship portion of our services (currently each campus has a 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. service). This position would also assist our pastoral resident in our young adult ministry and student ministry to develop relationships with our students. These two ministries have provided several of our developing praise band members. The position is full-time (45-50 hours/week) and pays $30,000.
To get the ball rolling, please email Pastor Harald, the Northwood campus pastor, at [email protected]. He will send you the application and detailed job description and will be your contact person through the application process. We look forward to hearing from you!
Grace Brethren Church of Middlebranch, OH
Grace Brethren Church of Middlebranch has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of revitalization and restart. This congregation of approximately 35 people has enthusiastically embraced God’s leading to engage a process of restart to ensure a productive future and to be more effective in reaching its community.
Grace Brethren Church is seeking a Revitalization/Replant Pastor willing to make a minimum 3-year commitment to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition and into the future.
Qualifications of a Revitalization Pastor
Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach
Minimum 5 years prior experience in vocational ministry
Education – Bible College or Seminary Training
Willing and able to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
Requirements of a Revitalization/Replant Pastor
able to develop a vision and clear strategy for replanting/revitalizing/renewing a small community church
able to plan both short-term and long-term projects, identify project goals and set timelines for achieving those goals
able to motivate others to participate in achieving vision and planning goals for church renewal and growth
has a strong marriage with a spouse who shares God’s call to the church renewal ministry and who wholeheartedly supports her husband in this undertaking
is committed to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and to the authority of Scripture
has received and accepted a calling from God for revitalization ministry
is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
pursues righteousness and a godly life
be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
has a passion for God’s purpose for His church and its role in and for the world
is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching
has the ability to teach/preach the Bible to diverse audiences consistent with the Gospel message
ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
has excellent communication skills
adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
is a problem solver
ability to work well with others in leadership positions
Ability to identify and develop leaders
Operates with tactical patience
Full Time Pastor
Singer Hill Grace Brethren Church is looking for its next full time pastor who can take the ministry to a higher level of effectiveness. We are seeking to have a ministry that emphasizes reaching the unchurched, growing Christ-followers, equipping Christ-followers to actively minister; and developing leaders to own the various ministry segments. The church is currently averaging 65 in attendance with great potential to reach more.
We have taken the time to assess our strengths and weaknesses and believe we are positioned to grow under the next strategic and relational full time pastor. We are located in the Greater Johnstown area of Pennsylvania which is about 65 miles East of Pittsburgh, PA and 2 hours West of Harrisburg, PA.
The Pastor will oversee/develop the following areas:
Development and implementation of the vision of the church (mission statement)
Train and develop spiritual leaders within the church
- Involved in all activities of the church
- Coaching ministry workers
- Preaching of the Sunday Church service including Sunday School.
- Lead the church in developing, implementing and executing a local outreach ministry to our community
- Follow-up with guests and absentee members & attenders
- Strong desire to develop our youth program
The Pastor will:
Be a growing, mature Christ-follower
Be in agreement with Singer Hill Grace Brethren Church’s doctrine, mission, and vision
Have a strong desire to lead and develop the church
Have a strong desire to build relationships both internal and external of the church.
Have the following skills:
Enthusiastic leader and self starter
Effective communicator with deacon and church board members
Make wise decisions quickly
Preach with a high degree of application and effectiveness
ABle to resolve conflict
Have the following attitudes, abilities and desires:
Always strive for excellence
Desire to work hard with flexible work schedule
Desire to finish what is started, bringing tasks to completion.
Ability to hold confidences with integrity.
Desire to know and work alongside members and attenders of the church
The Pastor maintains relationships with the following people groups:
Unchurched people within the sphere of influence of the church
Charis Fellowship & West Penn Ministerium members
If you are interested, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and your resume to [email protected]
Northwest Chapel is a family friendly, Christian church committed to the truth of the Word of God and the foundations of evangelicalism. We serve our community with a pre-school, vibrant kids ministry, active student ministries program, group classes for adults of all ages, and missions both locally and internationally. We are an independent multigenerational Charis Fellowship church congregation of around 400 in the fast growing Northwest region of Columbus, Ohio.
Our Biblical Mission is to Engage Jesus and Others Every Day for Eternal Impact. We believe that God’s Word fuels us, God’s love connects us, and God’s mission focuses us. Our ministries aim to reflect these important priorities.
Church and Fellowship resources below:
Lead Pastor Position Description
The lead pastor should seek God and be used by Him to provide spiritual and administrative leadership to the church. He is to use his teaching and pastoral care skills to share the Gospel and assist the needs of persons in the church and community. He empowers the church community to use their giftedness and follow Christ’s direction to go fulfill the great commandment (Luke 10:27) and the great commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
The lead pastor sets the direction for the ministries, discipleship, and congregational activities in collaboration with the other elders and pastoral staff. He should be a Spirit-dependent and Spirit-led shepherd (Philippians 2:5, 1 Peter 5) capable of coaching and developing other staff.
Other Essential responsibilities:
● Prioritize time to pursue God, growing in His grace through daily personal time with the Lord in the Word, devoted to prayer, and other Spiritual disciplines (Acts 6:4)
● Teach the Bible with diligence and dedication to extract the accurate truths
● Equip members for a life of Christian growth and service
● Conduct church services, administer the ordinances, and perform other duties that normally pertain to the pastoral role
● Build healthy and effective relationships with the church members
● Oversee the teaching ministry of the church, coordinating the content and schedule of biblical instruction in our public and main celebration services
● Communicate spiritual truths, ministry plans, and outcomes to the church community through creative media on a regular basis
● Share responsibility of pastoral care and counseling
● Promote, educate, and advocate for prayer and biblical stewardship
● Partner with Charis Fellowship and mission events locally and around the world
● Licensed and degreed pastor and diligent student of the Bible in harmony with the Statement of Faith set forth in the Northwest Chapel Church Constitution
● Characteristics of a New Testament Elder: 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5
● Experienced and skilled communicator capable of organized exegetical teaching and
● Relational leader who is led by the Holy Spirit and can lead with confidence, humility, and a servant’s heart, inspiring others to follow Christ
● Understands the responsibilities of our church and facilitates and coordinates with others Interested Candidates should submit the following:
● Short Answer Questionnaire
● Link to recent sermon
● References (4)
● Cover Letter (Optional)
Lead Pastor Application Link: https://www.northwestchapel.org/job-opportunities
Application process difficulties: contact Sven Christianson [email protected] 614-561-2153
Grace Polaris Church
Grace Polaris Church exists to honor God by multiplying devoted followers of Jesus through worship, community, training, and witness.
As we anticipate the joy of releasing/sending our current Lead Pastor Mike Yoder to be the Executive Director Elect at Encompass World Partners beginning in January 2023, our College of Elders through our Lead Pastor Search Committee is seeking the leader that God is raising up to assume the role of our next lead pastor.
The lead pastor must (1) adhere absolutely to “Our Beliefs & Identity” document, (2) meet the qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, and (3) be fully ordained in the Charis Fellowship.
To express interest in being considered for the position, please send (1) a resume and (2) a brief statement about why you desire to pursue this opportunity to Executive Pastor Jonathan Wiley. Questions about the position or recommendations for the position can also be sent to Pastor Jonathan. The Lead Pastor Search Committee will handle all expressions of interest with careful confidentiality.
Timeline to express interest: If you sense the Lord leading you to pursue this opportunity or make a recommendation, please do so no later than November 14, 2022.
Role and Responsibilities
The lead pastor of Grace Polaris Church is the primary shepherd, chief teacher, and organizational leader of the church. He serves as a member of and under the spiritual oversight of the College of Elders and leads all other staff in pursing the stated mission of Grace.
The lead pastor should exhibit godly character qualities set forth in Scripture, especially as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1. He must be a man worthy of respect, fervent in prayer, a competent leader, and demonstrate a marriage and family life that reflects well on the Gospel. He should embrace a pastoral calling and exhibit a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The lead pastor carries out his role in three primary ways:
- Teaching – He advocates for the authority and sufficiency of the Scriptures. He serves as the primary Bible teacher for the corporate gatherings of the church family. He determines the content of regular preaching in sermon series, consistent with the stated doctrine and beliefs of the church. He oversees other teachers in worship services and is responsible for the biblical fidelity of other teaching settings in the church, especially through pastoral staff.
- Teamwork – He works extensively with other elders, leads a staff team, and shepherds the congregation. 1) He serves as a member of the College of Elders and works closely with the moderator to foster unity, pursue a common vision, address shepherding and organizational issues, and ensure that congregants receive ongoing care and training. 2) He leads the staff team, including defined roles and regular accountability. He also ensures proper stewardship of finances and facilities, especially in collaboration with the executive pastor or senior staff team. 3) He mobilizes pastoral staff and other lay leaders to actively equip believers for maturity and ministry, and he champions faithful Gospel witness through the church locally and globally.
- Trajectory– He casts a compelling and consistent vision to describe how the church pursues its stated mission and involves everyone according to needs, opportunities, and gifting. He represents that vision, consistent with our beliefs and values, in other settings. Such representation includes active participation in the Charis Fellowship and our district of churches, with other evangelical churches in central Ohio, and at local functions that are important for the church. In addition, he serves as the primary voice to call believers to contribute time, treasure, and talents to the church’s health and mission.
He intentionally attends to the needs and responsibilities as a husband and father. He serves as the primary church liaison to Worthington Christian School and serves on its board (or his delegate). He initiates partnerships and collaboration with the Charis Fellowship, its ministries/organizations, and fellow pastors. He ensures healthy friendships and accountability for his own spiritual health.
Pike Grace Brethren Church, a member of the Charis Fellowship, is searching for a Lead Pastor. Pike is located in a semi rural area located between Johnstown and Altoona PA, and only 50+ miles to Pittsburgh. The church property includes the Church, A Christian School with its own building, and Family Center with a full size gymnasium. The church also owns a campground of 8 acres with a small camp building, a large pavilion with a fireplace, and a garage. All of the properties are debt free. Currently we have Sunday School at 9:30 to 10:15am. Morning Worship 10:30 to 11:30am. We have AWANA on Wednesday 6:30 to 8:00pm. Teens Wednesday 6:30 to 8:00pm. A Men's Bible Study Mondays 7:00 to 8:00pm. We are a serving church involved with our local food pantry. We have many outreach programs. A local community yard sale in our gym, a free Thanksgiving dinner in our gym, a basketball camp, and an Outdoor Extravanganza (3D archery shoot) and a summer shooting program (BB guns, archery, and 22's) for 1st through 6th graders at our campground. We also have an extensive Bible School and 2 Cantatas. All of these are done thru volunteers in our church. Our men also take care of most projects around our church and some outside the church volunteer jobs. If you think you might be interested in leading a church like this, send your resume or contact Barry Deetscreek, Head Elder at Pike Grace Brethren Church, 541 Pike Road, Johnstown, PA 15909. Phone # (814) 242-2549.
GRACE NORWALK | Norwalk, CA
GRACE KIDS MINISTRY COORDINATOR | Job Description
Title:Grace Kids Ministry Coordinator
Reports to:Lead Pastor
Church Size:70-80 people
PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY | To maintain a growing and dynamic relationship with the Lord while demonstrating a servant’s heart and Christ like attitude as you engage with others.
GOAL | Create a culture on the Grace Norwalk campus that is welcoming and safe, where families send their kids(preschool – 5th grade) to discover an authentic relationship with Jesus and grow deeper in their walk with Him.
CLASSIFICATION | A part-time salaried position with the expectation of working 15-20 hours per week. Compensation is based on education, training, and experience. Includes 1 week vacation per year after the first 6 mos of employment and 2 weeks annually after 2 years of employment.
· Must be baptized by immersion and a born-again disciple and follower of Jesus
· Must agree with the beliefs and doctrine of the Grace Norwalk Church (Charis Fellowship)
· Be a champion for the mission and values of Grace Norwalk so kids and families experience Jesus
· Must be creative and energetic
· Ability to organize, delegate, and communicate effectively with families & volunteers
· Active prayer life
· Must be familiar with a computer, tv and digital devices
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
· Oversee the following Grace Kids ministries & implement changes as needed:
o Sunday Bible Class [9a]
o Sunday Grace Kids [10a]
o Wednesday Grace Kids [6:30p]
o Optional- Good News Clubs Tues/Thurs [2:30p] Pending Approval by Schools for 2022/23
· Establish connections with families in the community through churchwide Outreach Initiatives
· Plan and coordinate regular training for our Grace Kids Volunteers
· Help research new curriculum for Sundays & Wednesdays, as needed
· Maintain regular compliance with CA Bill AB506 with our Grace Kids Volunteers
· Be a support to our Good News Club teams
· Recruit teachers/leaders and volunteers for all children’s ministry areas
· Pray regularly for the kids and their families
· Provide quarterly updates on children’s ministry to the Lead Pastor/Elder Team
· Attend Grace Norwalk on Sundays and oversee the Grace Kids Program & Volunteers
· Oversee Wednesday Night Grace Kids Ministry
· Attend Weekly Grace Staff Meeting
TO APPLY | Submit your resume to [email protected]
Community Grace Church, Warsaw, IN
If you are interested in serving as an Executive Pastor to help move a growing church to the next level of effective ministry, then Warsaw Community Grace is a church you need to consider.
Our mission is to glorify God by being Christ-followers who make Christ followers.
Our vision is expressed in three statements: WORSHIP THE KING • MATURE AS FAMILY • ENGAGE THE WORLD
The Executive Pastor will partner with the Senior Pastor in overseeing, designing, and multiplying systems to make this mission and vision come to life in our church.
The church is positioned to continue growing, and we believe that hiring the right strategic Executive Pastor is the next crucial step in this process. Besides the Lead Pastor, we also have a full-time Director of Student Ministries, a part-time Pastor of Congregational Care and Counseling, a part-time Director of Children’s Ministries, a part-time Worship Director, and a part-time Resident Mission Consultant. Warsaw is known as the “Orthopedic Capital of the World,” and is a city growing in corporate enterprise, ethnic diversity, and culture. HGTV chose Warsaw/Winona Lake to represent Indiana in their "50 most charming small towns in 50 states!" Link - https://www.hgtv.com/lifestyle/travel/50-of-the-most-charming-small-towns-in-america-pictures?fbclid=IwAR1fW4S79JzJweaOC5XoeOlsmnZd9JD2oARne-J1psSvIcGJ8-9DAxR0rmw
Position Summary: The Executive Pastor shares authority and responsibility with the Senior Pastor to flesh out the vision and design, oversee, and multiply systems to make it come to life in our church, including the assimilation, small groups, discipleship, ministry, outreach, stewardship, equipping, and leadership development. This role fits a strong system-builder, leader developer, manager-type pastor.
● Reports directly to the Senior Pastor
● Leads selected systems
● Oversees and resources the leaders within the other systems
● Builds relationships with church members/attenders
● Multiplies the ministry by training others
● Committed team player with other church leadership
● Serves as an Elder on the Elder Board
● Must be a stable, maturing Christ follower
● Positive and professional demeanor
● Competence in leadership, organizational development, and strategic judgment
● Self-starter, able to reach objectives without oversight
● Biblical education and training and 5+ years of pastoral-type experience
● Strong people and communication skills, both oral and written
Key Drives of the Executive Pastor:
● Visionary with assessment ability (leader/manager)
● Strategist (sees the big picture and the steps to get there)
● Designer, developer/implementer, tweaker (for systems)
● Achiever/goal oriented
● Staff developer/leader coach
● Equipper of ministry workers to impact those within their spheres of influence
● Heart for the lost
● Communicator/apt to teach the Word
● Risk taker
● True partner... strong but humble (not the final voice)
● Partnering with the Senior Pastor in implementing vision and organizational leadership
● Oversight of church systems
● Collaborating with the Senior Pastor to hire, train, and coach ministry leaders and staff
● Disciple-making, with opportunities for preaching and teaching
● Contributing to bi-weekly staff meetings and elder meetings
● Performing other duties as assigned
If you are interested, please send a cover letter introducing yourself and your resume to [email protected]
Do you enjoy connecting others to new opportunities? Are you passionate about building relationships and influencing people toward purposeful living? If so, the opportunity to become an Encompass Missions Mobilizer may be a fit for you! Missions Mobilizers network to meet new people, helping interested individuals take steps toward engaging the Great Commission. They resource church leaders to fulfill God’s call to the nations. Missions Mobilizers must be team players, demonstrate consistent follow-through, and value investing in people. You can view the full description of this ministry assignment, upload your résumé, and complete an application online at the links below:
To view the complete Ministry Assignment, visit our webpage - https://www.encompassworldpartners.org/employment/
To submit an application and résumé, visit our application page - https://forms.gle/nqWj7pbsryV2KPDx9
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The strong candidate for this position will be a humble, authentic leader, with a clear sense of calling to Palmyra Grace. He will be a relational shepherd and developer with a genuine love for people. He will be a skilled preacher and vision-caster with a firm grasp of the Scriptures and an organized leader who is able to equip and empower people. He will align with the church’s stated mission and values and will passionately lead the church to carry them out.
Position Summary: Act as the spiritual leader of the church, overseeing its health and development, and leading its kingdom impact on the community and world.
1. Lead the church in accomplishing the mission and living by the core values.
2. Oversee the staff and volunteer leaders in the creation, implementation, and evaluation of strategic plans.
3. Recruit and train staff members and ministry directors.
4. Work with the elders, deacons, committees, and staff to succeed in their responsibilities.
5. Preach regularly and work with the Worship Director to plan services.
6. Provide pastoral care and perform weddings and funerals for the congregation as needed.
7. Manage the church budget in cooperation with the Deacon Board.
8. Honor the church’s history and traditions.
Qualifications & Skills
1. Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Meets the biblical qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1)
3. Resonates with the current mission and values
4. College degree in theology or related field (Masters degree preferred)
5. At least ten years experience in pastoral ministry
6. Proven track record of recruiting, equipping, and mobilizing volunteers
7. Proven ability to mentor leaders
8. Gifted and experienced in preaching and vision-casting
9. Skilled in managing staff and ministry operations
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Hourly Commitment: 50 hours per week
Contact information: [email protected]
Mailing Address: 396 Ecker Dr. Lititz, PA 17543
Phone Number: 717-586-8718
Worship Leader (Part-Time)
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church (Winchester, Virginia) is looking for a man to lead us in Gospel-saturated, biblically-sound, and musically-vibrant worship. This part-time position (app. 10 hours/week) could fit any employment scenario, including treating this as a pastoral internship, in which case the pastor will give individualized instruction and discipleship to help develop the next generation of worship leaders.
Our congregation of approximately eighty people has historically used the classic hymns of the faith, as well as many of the standard gospel songs of the late-nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Newer songs introduced in the past couple of years have been written or popularized by artists such as Sovereign Grace Music, the Gettys, City Alight, Matt Papa, Matt Boswell, and Matt Merker, and we anticipate continuing in that vein.
Given the size of our congregation, we are currently looking for someone who would work no more than ten hours a week (which include Sundays), and whose responsibilities would include:
- Planning and leading the musical expressions of worship on Sunday mornings
- Coordinating with the pastor on a weekly basis
- Coordinating practices with other members of the worship and A/V teams
- Coordinating special services throughout the year (e.g., Good Friday, Easter, Christmas Sunday, Christmas Eve, as well as evening Threefold Communion services)
With those responsibilities, we would anticipate the man would have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of the Word of God that is both solid and growing
- Demonstration of godly maturity
- Member of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church (i.e., commitment to this local body alone)
- Possess strong vocal ability
- Ability to lead proficiently from the piano and/or guitar
Additional skills that would be helpful and utilized:
- Knowledge of ProPresenter and/or streaming equipment
- Opportunities to preach can be made available to those who have the ability
New Beginnings Charis Fellowship Church
To Apply for This Position
New Beginnings of Myerstown, PA has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of identifying a new senior pastor and walking through a process for revitalization. After 25 years, the church’s long-time senior pastor will be retiring in 2021, leading to this opportunity. The elders and congregation have embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a fruitful future in reaching its community with the gospel.
New Beginnings Charis Fellowship is seeking a Revitalization Pastor willing to make a minimum 3-year commitment to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
· Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
· Prior, proven ministry experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree – Bible College or Seminary Training
· Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
· has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
· is committed to Jesus Christ and to the authority of Scripture
· is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
· displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
· pursues righteousness and a godly life
· be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
Life on Mission
· has a heartfelt burden for lost people and a desire to lead a church that is effectively reaching its community
· models a lifestyle of evangelism through building relationships with people who are far from God
· has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
· Has the skills and discernment to counsel and guide church members through life challenges using a biblical foundation
· is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching, using God’s Word to inspire the local church for mission
· ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
· has excellent communication skills
· adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
· able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
· is a problem solver
· ability to work well with others in leadership positions
About the Church
New Beginnings’ ministry history dates back to the late 1960’s in Myerstown. As a member of the Charis Fellowship of Churches, New Beginnings places high value on the participation in and commitment to relationships with other Fellowship churches.
The church has declined in attendance over the past ten years from approximately 400 in weekly attendance to an average of 90 weekly worshippers.
In accordance with its membership in the Charis Fellowship, New Beginnings holds to a pre-millennial, dispensational view of scripture. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to the doctrine of election, but not Lordship salvation.
To Apply for This Position
Download and complete this application. Email it, along with a resume to:
INTRODUCTION: The Calvary Grace Brethren Church is prayerfully seeking its next Senior Pastor. We desire this man to have a passion for church replanting/revitalization and the preaching of God’s Word. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit the following items to [email protected] by 03/31/2022:
- At Least 2 Videos of Yourself Preaching (links or files)
- Candidate Application & Questionnaire (application will be automatically sent upon completion) Click Here
THE OPPORTUNITY IN A SENTENCE:
The Senior Pastor will provide biblical leadership for Calvary Grace Brethren Church (GBC) through focusing on the preaching of God’s Word, discipleship, equipping, and empowering the church body for ministry (2 Timothy 4:1-2, I Peter 5:1-4, Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Meets the qualifications of elder/overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Wholeheartedly agrees with Calvary’s statement of faith.
- Ordained in the Charis Fellowship (or willing to pursue).
- MDiv (or equivalent), or Commensurate Experience.
- Excellent Communicator.
- Passion for Discipleship, Equipping, & Empowering.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of an elder/overseer as outlined in the Scriptures (Acts 20:28-31, Titus 1:9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Hebrews 13:7, 17; James 5:14). The Senior Pastor is “first among equals,” and is responsible for setting the pace for the Council and other church leaders to follow.
- Provide visionary leadership by preaching the Word of God each Sunday through a comprehensive, expositional, and applicable study of the Scriptures – 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:16-4:5.
- Lead ministry leaders in developing, clarifying, refining, and implementing a Christ-Centered vision of ministry for Calvary.
- Equip the saints to do the work of ministry and to edify the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11).
- Administrate and meet regularly with the church staff.
- Plan the weekly Sunday worship service(s) in coordination with appropriate ministry leaders.
- Coordinate and prayerfully develop/plan other ministry programming in coordination with the appropriate ministry leaders.
- Shepherd the church to love and care for one another as well as minister to the sick and needy.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all Ministry Teams, Boards, and Commissions.
- Develop a community presence through participation in community events, organizations, etc. with the specific purpose of representing Christ and the church in community life.
- Be actively involved with the Charis Fellowship and Mid-Atlantic District Network.
- Officiate weddings/funerals as needed and as schedule allows.
- Provide counseling as appropriate to abilities/skills/experience.
- Carry out the ordinances of the church (Three-fold Communion & Triune Immersion) in cooperation with the Deacons.
- Work with the Council and Deacons to handle church discipline and conflict in the church, seeking to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
- Click Here for a PDF document that includes a brief overview of Calvary GBC and Hagerstown, MD
- Click Here for a printable version of the above Ministry Description.
- The Mid-Atlanct District has been working closely with Calvary over the last several months with regarding this pastoral search. Feel free to find and contact any Mid-Atlantic District leaders at Access 2021 to inquire more about Calvary and this opportunity (Dan Pritchett, Dan Thornton, Davey Ermold, Timothy Clothier).