These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that come as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc. does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc.Post a new opportunity
Position Title: WL Kids Ministry Director
As Of Date: April 2018
Department Name: WL Kids Ministries
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Position Purpose: The purpose of the WL Children’s Ministry Director is to oversee, facilitate, and further the discipleship of children and families of Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church through children’s ministry programs (Infant-6th Grade). The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for creating and maintaining a children’s ministry environment that is fun, comfortable, safe and engaging, with an emphasis on compelling and effective teaching of the gospel and foundational biblical truth.
- Living out an active and personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ
- Own a philosophical alignment with WL Grace Brethren Church as well as WL Kids mission and values.
- Possess a passion and skill for discipleship and leadership development.
- A teachable spirit and eagerness to serve in teamwork.
- Educational background in children’s ministry or children’s education.
- Some biblical or theological training.
- Eagerness to continue personal development, as advised by Lead Pastor.
- 5-10 years’ experience in children’s ministry or relevant leadership experience.
- Experience in leading and managing a multi-faceted children’s ministry.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
Develop, Implement, and Facilitate a WL Kids Ministry Plan:
- Coordinate with WL pastoral staff to evaluate current WL Kid’s ministries and to create a vision for the future of the ministry that aligns with the overarching WLGBC mission and values.
- Select or develop and facilitate a children’s ministry curriculum with an emphasis on an “Every Person Matters” philosophy in an effort to equip and engage children and families at all levels of the WL Kids ministry.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly WL Kids ministries including but not limited to: Sunday morning and evening ministries, AWANA Sunday School, Wednesday Night SPLASH, VBS, and periodic ministry events.
- Partner with WL Youth ministry leaders to create a plan to help 6th graders transition into our student ministries program.
Create an effective team of Children’s Ministries staff and volunteers:
- Develop and coordinate initiatives for WL Kids team members in an effort to support and equip them for discipleship and ministry.
- Effectively build relationships with church members in an effort to recruit and establish a consistent flow of volunteer support for WL Kids ministries.
- Hold regular meetings with WL Kids Coordinators in an effort to ensure needs and support are communicated.
- Establish tools to be able to evaluate and place WL Kids Coordinators according to strengths and weaknesses.
- Communicate effectively with WL Kids team via e-mail, social media, phone calls, or face to face meeting.
Partnership with Parents/Caregivers:
- Seek to partner with parents/caregivers to facilitate continued spiritual growth at home and maintain good communication on WL Kids ministry events.
- Develop and provide ongoing digital and print resources for families that encourage and foster regular in-home discipleship.
- Create and incorporate a culture of evangelistic outreach within WL Kids ministries by developing programming and events to reach out to the community.
- Build and cultivate relationships with other children’s ministry professionals to support and enhance programing and to keep in touch with the future of children’s ministry.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) Desired:
KSA #1: Knowledgeable about Grace Brethren Doctrine
KSA #2: Gifts in discipleship, training, servant leadership, and administration
KSA #3: Competency and passion for teaching both children and parents
KSA #4: Demonstrates proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capabilities
KSA #5: Superior organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
KSA #6: Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
KSA #7: Excellent verbal and written communications
KSA #8: Experience and ability to recruit and coordinate volunteers
KSA #9: Demonstrates the ability to be able to work independently
KSA #10: A personable and welcoming to mindset and attitude
KSA#11: Proficient computer skills in MS Office
Schedule and Hours:
- Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings mandatory; 40 hours per week
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The facility is a nonsmoking environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
If interested in applying for this position please email your resume to email@example.com
Basore Road Grace Brethren Church is a small congregation of faithful and dedicated Evangelical Christians. The church is housed in a first class, modern facility large enough for a congregation of up to 350. The congregation is predominately white, traditional, conservative Christian in a neighborhood that is African-American to the west and mixed race and white to the east (see “Our Community”).
The church is recovering from a tumultuous and difficult seven years. After a long period of growth and success, the Senior Pastor resigned after a personal failure. He was succeeded by two short pastorates. Conflict, division and confusion accompanied that instability. Attendance dropped from over 300 to 60 and finances suffered a similar decline.
Under the ministry of a preaching interim, Greg Ryerson, followed by a transitional interim, David Fisher, attendance and giving stabilized and healing and rebuilding began. During the interim, we approved a new constitution and bylaws and installed a new Leadership Board is in place. Finances are in the black and after a successful capital fund campaign, we are debt free. Ministry programs are in place, relationships are strong and conflict is in the past.
More importantly, our spiritual health is on the rise. A recent congregational survey indicated that nearly 90% believe the spiritual health of the church is better than a year ago. As part of that spiritual healing, the church held a moving reconciliation service with our former pastor.
While the congregation is rich in people and material assets, we need to grow in order to thrive. Most of our members have been Christians for more than ten years and most of us are longtime members of the church. While we are an aging congregation, it is important to note that 15% of our congregation are young adults.
We realize we have looked inward for too long. Part of our current renewal is a renewed passion for outreach in evangelism and ministry. We are being driven by this vision is: “Jesus is calling us to minister to our communities.”
We are ready for a permanent pastor and a Search Committee is beginning its work. We are seeking a pastor who will help us write a new chapter in our congregation’s life and lead us into our God-given future. We are looking for a man with preaching/teaching skills, leadership ability and, above all, a pastor who will love us and serve our congregation and community.
While our church building is in Trotwood, Ohio, our location borders three other cities: Clayton, Englewood, and the Shiloh neighborhood of Dayton. This unique location offers a broad opportunity for ministry and evangelism. Note the demographics of our larger community:
Population – 24,000 (85% African American)
Annual family income - $34,000
Population – 13,300 (82% white)
Annual family income - $65,000
Population – 13,400 (83% white)
Annual family income -$59,000
Population 11,000 (62% white)
Annual family income - $35,000)
We live in a neighborhood of approximately 51,000 people. All are infinitely valuable to God and many, if not most, need to know Jesus and/or receive a “cup of cold water in his name.” Most of that population is middle class but there are significant pockets of poverty both white and African American. The potential for evangelism and outreach is large and challenging. In other words, “The fields are white unto harvest” (John 4:35).
We are looking for a pastor who will lead us into that field in creative and effective forms of ministry outreach. Our church is rediscovering Jesus’ call to reach out in ministry and evangelism. We need a pastor who will lead us to there.
The Grace Brethren Church in Norwalk, CA is in transition and looking for a Pastor. Our congregation has a heart for the lost, the forgotten and those in need outside the four walls of our church.
We are a small but vibrant body of believers who are seeking a Husband and Wife team to come help us grow and share our vision of reaching beyond our “borders” to share the Gospel both inside and outside our community.
The Grace Brethren Church of Norwalk is part of the “Charis Fellowship” (formerly the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches). We are in the heart of the community of Norwalk that has a population of over 100,000 souls that is a part of the Los Angeles and Orange county area of Southern California that is home to more than 12 million people.
We currently reach out to the community through our “Heights of Grace” ministry that meets the needs of people in Boyle Heights, CA… a predominately Hispanic area that is home to many poor and homeless people. We have teams who minister twice a month putting on park ministry events and meeting the needs of the homeless who live “Under the Bridge”. We also have caring people who pour themselves into the lives of children by working with “Child Evangelism Fellowship”… providing after school Bible Clubs at two local area public elementary schools.
Our church has also been chosen as the home base for “Urban Hope Los Angeles”, a ministry of CE National of the Charis Fellowship, an urban training center for raising up leaders for urban ministries across the country.
We are seeking a Pastor who has a gift of evangelism and a heart for the lost. We would want your focus to be on evangelizing the lost, teaching the Word, and caring for the flock.
You will have the support of our Elder Board and Deacons. We will partner with and come along side of you any way we can to help and support you, your vision and the programs you would want to put into place.
If you feel God is calling you to a Pastoral ministry like this, please contact me.
Dave Goodwyn – Elder
Chairman – Search Committee
P: 562 868-1294
Youth Pastor Job Description
Community Grace Brethren Church of Everett, PA is prayerfully looking for a full-time Youth Pastor to help grow our church to the next level.
This is a full-time salaried position with medical insurance benefits. Married or single men will be considered for this opportunity.
This role will be dedicated to leading Community Grace Brethren’s youth ministry (typically 75-80% weekly effort) along with occasional additional assignments given by the Lead Pastor to help care for the congregation & assist with Sunday Morning success (typically 20-25% weekly effort). Ministries shall be youth focused and involve biblical priorities i.e. outreach, fellowship, discipleship and ministry.
The following list is detailed and expanded, but is not intended to be overwhelming. It is understood that most areas of weekly ministry listed below will naturally overlap with other areas.
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with the Lord, an ability to work well with others, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who is willing to be an active member of Community Grace Brethren Church.
- One who can lead and organize youth ministry implementing fellowship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism through Straight Ahead (grades 6-12) youth activities and small groups.
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field and / or an equivalent combination of educational or work experience and personal abilities in youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal life fitting with biblical mandates for pastors & elders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- One who loves young people and has a desire to see people come to Christ and grow in Him.
- One who creates and leads ministry and mission opportunities connected to and including Momentum Youth Conference, Camp Mantowagan in Saxton, PA; Urban Hope in Philadelphia, other ministries within the Charis Fellowship, as well as wholesome opportunities potentially outside our Fellowship of Churches.
- One who can recruit and train volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- One who will provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth & parents on an individual basis.
- A capable teacher with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in full agreement with the Charis Fellowship’s Statement of Faith.
- A self-motivated leader who is capable of casting vision for the youth ministry, as well as possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- An ambitious ministry minded person with a strong work ethic who is faithfully involved in ordinary CGBC functions and activities.
- One who is tech savvy and facilitates communication with students and parents in order to keep them informed of ongoing activities & ministry plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- One who supports parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles.
- One who assists in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget as well as managing student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- One who seeks to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life in order to complement other church ministries, as well as participating in ministries to the community.
- One who participates, as needed or requested, in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry including attending all regularly scheduled worship services, providing occasional pulpit supply in the Lead Pastor’s absence (vacation / sickness), occasionally assisting with hospital visits and serving on the church elder and official boards.
- One who supports the Church’s overall vision of “Working together to offer grace to our world.”
Persons interested in this Youth Pastor position may email a resume and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the same to Community Grace Brethren Church, 1216 Raystown Road, Everett, PA 15537.
Job Description – Full-Time: 40-50 Hours a Week
Peninsula Grace Brethren Church
Family Pastor Mission Statement
- To equip families to be disciples and make disciples of Jesus
Family Pastor Heart/Summary
- A man who loves Jesus and has a vision for equipping families to love Jesus and reach other families for Jesus
- Primary focus is to equip and disciple parents, staff and volunteers to make disciples of Jesus
- Possess a unique ability to connect with people of all ages
- Someone whose wife also loves Jesus and supports her husband in making disciples
Expected Knowledge and Experience
- Biblical studies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of biblical curriculum
- Experience in discipleship (discipleship: becoming like Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit and His Word, and making other disciples who make other disciples who...)
- Children’s and Youth Ministry Experience
- Able to teach and preach
- Has raised or is raising children to follow Jesus (the more experience the better!)
- Reports to: Lead Pastor, Elders
- Supervises: Children’s Coordinator, Youth Director, Youth Interns
Area of Responsibilities
- Church-Based Ministries
- Oversee discipleship and ministries from cradle to college
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next
- Equipping and Encouraging Parents
- Disciple, mentor and counsel parents and couples
- Facilitate marriage, parenting and discipleship training
- Intergenerational Connections
- Work with ministries to provide times for all generations to worship, learn and serve together
- Help ministry leaders develop a plan for outreach and spreading the gospel to our community
Tasks and Functions
- Be an elder, meeting every other week with elder board
- Teach and/or facilitate biblical classes, preaching as much as once a month
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Establish consistent office hours; 30-40 hours/week (present Sundays, Wednesday nights & as needed)
Contact Pastor Justin Franchino at (907) 252-8854 or email@example.com
Grasslands Church - Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Job Title: Lead Pastor
Direct Report: Elders
Summary of Position:
The Lead Pastor of Grasslands Church will be responsible to develop, employ, and foster a relational culture and connection systems to move people forward in the faith.
He should be able to help people: Find God, form healthy relationships and fulfil their potential. This role provides leadership over the many ministry environments beyond our weekend services.
The Preferred Candidate:
• Will have experience leading small groups and building/sustaining systems that facilitate group oversight.
• Should possess strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, communication as well as
strong relational abilities.
• Will have a shepherding gift but will also develop a shepherding culture through small group leaders
• Is self-motivated, not needing micro-management, yet loves to live life with a team.
• Bachelor’s degree, Bible College and/or Seminary degree preferred but not compulsory.
• Align with the vision, values of Grasslands Church, and doctrinal statement of Charis Fellowship (formerly Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches).
• Will work with Charis Fellowship leaders to attain approval for ordination
Job Responsibilities include(but not limited to):
Preach and host Sunday gatherings
Ensure the Sunday morning experience is grace-oriented and engaging for both the believer and the explorer
Connect people to Community Groups or Discovery Groups (i.e. small groups, etc.) and help their spiritual formation
Keep the church vision and values in front of people at all times
Develop leaders and care for people
Lead the entire ministry along with the Elders in a team environment
Ensure that all ministry efforts are aligned with Grasslands mission and values
Dream of and develop new ways for Grasslands to reach unbelievers
Lead staff and volunteers with grace
Specific gifts, passions, and leadership abilities should include:
>Humble, open, and resilient
>An active doer, leads by example
>Passionate for the lost
>Aware of his strengths, and weaknesses
>Disarming / Put people at ease
>Spiritually rooted and adept
• Participate in annual job performance reviews and evaluations.
This description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Request for applications/nominations, Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, Winchester, VA. Attachment: Pastor Search Documents
February 1, 2018
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church (BRGBC) in Winchester, VA, requests applications or nominations of candidates for a call as Pastor.
BRGBC is a congregation affiliated with Charis Fellowship (www.charisfellowship.us), formerly, Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. The church, founded in 1983, is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. BRGBC is debt free, situated on a campus setting with room to grow just west of the city limits.
The attachment includes (1) Vision statement, Mission statement, Essential Qualifications of the Pastor, and search Timetable (subject to change). The Pastor Search Committee will review qualifications of applicants recommended or submitted. Bi-vocational applicants will be considered, also. We prefer a ministry resume to be submitted by email with appropriate attachments to the church email address, BRGBC@comcast.net. If submitted by USPS, send to Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, Pastor Search Committee, 1025 Cedar Creek Grade, Winchester, VA 22602. Please include personal testimony, education, experience, and references.
Inquiries for clarification may be addressed to Interim Pastor Larry Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 240-520-2511.
Applications should be received on-or-before March 31, 2018 to be considered.
We encourage you to forward this information with attachment to any qualified person you know who may have an interest in applying for this position.
Pastor Larry Weber, Facilitator, Pastor Search Committee
We, the believers of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, seek to live as disciples of Jesus Christ, reach out with the Gospel locally and globally, love all people, and serve the needs of our community, our country, and the world as the Lord leads.
Our Vision – Worship God; Follow Jesus; Make disciples; Serve others.
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church is united for worship, praise, teaching, and fellowship; we will preach the Gospel directly in our community and spread it through support of global ministries; we commit to obey Jesus’ commands in the Bible, the Word of God; we seek growth in the grace and knowledge of Christ, and to live in truth, love and purity; and we proclaim God’s love through acts of service.
Our Mission – Preach the Gospel; Obey God’s Word; Grow in grace of Jesus Christ; Live in truth, love, and purity; and Show God’s love to others.
BRGBC TIMETABLE FOR SEARCH
(Subject to change.)
December 4 – Approve proposed Pastor Search Committee
December 11 – First Meeting
December 20 – Review of initial questions; Consider Vision, Mission, Essential Qualifications of Pastor
December 31 – Ask congregation for input on Vision, Mission, Qualifications of pastor, and most urgent change
January 3 – Revise Documents for Official Board review
January 8 – Present Documents to Official Board for review/approval
January 21 – Final Review/Approval of Documents by congregation
January 22 – Announce Pastor Search, distribute Vision, Mission, and Essential Qualifications of Pastor to Charis Fellowship organizations, post on website
February – Pastor Search Committee review first applications/nominations received
February – Pastor Search Committee meetings as needed
March 31 – Final date for receipt of applications/nominations
March – Meetings as necessary to review all applications, conduct interviews, check references
April (date to be determined) – Selection of finalists for Pastor and review Pastor Search Process with Official Board
May (date to be determined) – Presentation of recommended Pastor candidate sermon
June (date to be determined) – Congregation vote to call Pastor
Essential Qualifications of Pastor Blue Ridge Grace Brethren
The Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to preach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff. He is the “first among equals” with regards to the Deacons and Official Board of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren (BRGBC), and is held accountable to them.
1. He shall meet the qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
2. He shall fulfill the exhortations found in 1 Peter 5:1-4.
3. He shall love people inside and outside the church with integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness.
4. He will be a humble and accountable Spirit-led, servant of Jesus (Philippians 2:1-8).
5. He shall give himself daily to personal study of the Word of God and to prayer (Acts 6:1-4).
6. He shall submit himself for accountability to his church officers (Hebrews 13:7, 17).
7. He shall be in agreement with the Charis Fellowship Statement of Faith as printed in the church constitution.
1. Fulfill the responsibilities of an elder as outlined in the Scriptures (Acts 20:28-31, Titus 1:9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Hebrews 13:7, 17; James 5:14) as he loves the people and shepherds the flock.
2. Preach and teach the Word of God and to give himself to serious and comprehensive study of God's Word (2 Timothy 4:1-5).
3. Lead the leaders in developing, clarifying, refining, and implementing a Christ-Centered vision of ministry for BRGBC.
4. Seek to equip the saints to do the work of ministry and to edify the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11).
5. Administrate and meet regularly with the church staff, if and when hired.
6. Prayerfully plan the weekly Sunday worship services, along with the Associate Pastor(s), if any.
7. Carry out the ordinances of the church (Three-fold Communion and Baptism by Triune Immersion) in cooperation with the Deacons.
8. Coordinate and prayerfully plan other programming of BRGBC in coordination with the appropriate ministry leaders.
9. Work with the Deacons to handle church discipline, and seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
10. Serve as an ex-officio member of all Ministry Teams, Boards, and Commissions at BRGBC.
11. He will be ordained, or willing to seek ordination, in the Charis Fellowship through the Ministerium of the Mid Atlantic Ministries, Inc. and other affiliated organizations
12. Provide a monthly report for each Official Board meeting.
13. Write essential church communications.
14. Regularly visit the flock as well as minister to the sick and needy.
15. Provide counseling as long as this does not prevent him from fulfilling his primary responsibilities of Bible study and prayer.
16. Develop a community presence through participation in community events, organizations, etc. with the specific purpose of representing Christ and the church in community life.
1. Prepare and perform weddings as needed and as schedule allows.
2. Be involved in funerals as needed and as schedule allows.
3. Be open to the Lord's leading, serving the flock, witnessing with a purpose, and loving people and the Triune God in Heaven.
Anticipated Time Commitments:
1. Forty to fifty hours a week, off on Saturday and one day during week, except for emergencies and special occasions.
2. Monthly Official Board meetings, Monthly District Ministerium meetings as schedule allows, and other meetings and activities as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
1. Compensation of $--,--- annually, to be divided into salary and housing allowance as provided by law and specified in the terms of call together with items 2-9.
2. Reimbursement of ministry expenses up to an amount approved by the congregation annually.
3. Conference and continuing education allowance up to the amount approved by the congregation annually.
4. Vehicle mileage reimbursement up the amount approved by the congregation annually.
5. Paid Day’s off in accordance to stated holidays.
6. An office, computer, internet access, telephone, cell phone reimbursement, and other items that are required for the accomplishment of the position.
7. Ownership of all newly written and intellectual property remains the property of the Senior Pastor, not the church. BRGBC retains the right to publish (print and digital) not-for-profit materials as originally presented.
8. Paid healthcare for the Senior Pastor and family through mutually-agreed insurance carrier.
9. Medical, dental, and eye care reimbursement for the Senior Pastor and family of up to $-,--- annually with proper documentation of expenses that are in accordance with IRS regulations for allowable medical reimbursement.
Senior Pastor Date
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, WA is seeking the man who is called to serve as its next senior pastor
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next senior pastor. We look forward to hearing from him.
Current worship service attendance averages 40-50. There is an opportunity to reach the many families in this suburban community to build this part of God’s kingdom. The church neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin and has a mix of single family homes and apartments.
The senior pastor position is a full-time position (the only paid employee of the church) and is the only pastoral position. The previous senior pastor retired (after 14 years) and relocated to Florida. An experienced interim part-time pastor is serving in the pulpit. Sunday school classes and the ministries for women, men and youth are led by lay church members. Four men presently comprise the church elder board. Church member volunteers also perform most typical administrative and worship service duties (e.g., worship music, ushers/stewards, treasury and secretarial, custodial and maintenance).
The church facility is a well-maintained two-story property owned by the church, in a fully developed residential neighborhood (across the street from a public elementary school) in the city of Kent (population 120,000), which is a suburb of Seattle, WA. The church is without debt and has operated with a balanced budget for more than ten years. We expect future giving will need to grow with attendance, but existing church financial resources will provide a buffer while that occurs.
Washington ranked in the bottom 10 states for regular church attendance and religious belief in a Gallup survey, and this community needs to hear the Gospel. We seek a man who will grow this church by encouraging and retaining the current church body while inviting others to join with them.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should
1. Review the online “Profile….” and “Qualities and Qualifications…” information referenced below, and then
2. Contact church elder James E. Miller at 25505 217th Ave SE, Maple Valley, WA 98038. Phone: 425-417-5853 or email: email@example.com
a. When you contact Mr. Miller, please include your resume (educational and all employment including both clergy and secular)
b. Provide copies of recorded audio files for sermons delivered by you (or links to web postings for them), including information also of when and where preached.
c. Include a cover letter (or email) explaining why you are interested in this ministry and your future availability.
Profile of the church and position:
Qualities and qualifications for the pastor:
The church website is found at: www.gracekent.org
Senior Pastor for Susquehanna Grace Community Church, Wrightsville, PA
SGCC is searching for a new, full time senior pastor who is willing to encourage our growing population of young families, expand and support a growing church body, and seek to find dynamic ways to reach our local community for Christ while at the same time maximizing the use of space and land that God has provided for His Kingdom purposes. “Susquehanna Grace Community Church exists to glorify and worship God by making disciples who reflect Christ and are fully devoted to Him.”
SGCC sits on 7+ acres in Wrightsville, PA near the banks of the Susquehanna River in a picturesque part of York County.
Our church is a growing, vibrant, close-knit group of people who love the Lord. Currently our average worship service attendance for 2017 is 136 which is a 26% increase over 2016. Demographically our children/youth aged 20 and under are our largest population, followed by those aged 60+. Young adults (20-39) and Middle age (40-50) are fairly evenly divided.
SGCC draws from the greater York, Wrightsville and Columbia areas which is a mix of farms, single family homes and apartments.
The senior pastor position is a full-time position. Church staff currently includes the senior pastor, an executive assistant, custodial and maintenance positions. Until a full-time pastor is secured, we will be lead by an interim pastor as well as teaching from our own leadership.
We have growing children's and youth ministries. Children’s Sunday school classes and the ministries for women, men and youth are lead by church members and volunteers. Five men, including the senior pastor presently comprise the church elder board. Church member/volunteers perform most typical worship service duties (worship music, sound, greeters/ushers, and treasury/financial reporting).
Our church facility is a well maintained single story (with a basement) property owned by the church. In the last six years, we have undertaken various remodeling projects to comply with ADA requirements, expanding children’s ministries and staff offices. There are additional plans to remodel/update the church auditorium (remove the pews/replace with chairs, install new overhead lighting, replace the carpet and reconfigure our stage and sound booth).
Much groundwork has been laid with the local zoning agencies as well as civil and architectural engineers. We are in a holding pattern to allow our new teaching pastor the opportunity to move our church forward in fulfilling God’s vision and plans for our church community.
Our desire is that the new senior pastor will strategically invest in the life of the church and discern, with the help of the leadership, the distinct identity and future focus. He will be eager to learn about SGCC and the surrounding area by meeting with Elders, staff, and key leaders, and by studying the Ministry Area Community Profile section of the Opportunity Profile for the Position of Senior Pastor.
Please read the following online documents referenced below:
If you believe that you are qualified as a Pastor/Shepherd described in the SGCC Pastor Candidate Profile, that your ministry gifts match the type of congregation and ministry setting we are in, and after prayer you sense that God is leading you towards this opportunity, we encourage you to submit your name for consideration.
Please provide us with the following information:
- Doctrinal Statement
- Please review the SGCC Core Beliefs and then indicate whether you are in complete agreement and able to practice and teach all of them.
State of current ministry situation:
- What are you doing now in ministry?
- Why are you seeking a new position?
- What are you seeking in a new position?
Wrightsville, PA 17368
Grow New England is looking for a long-term church planting intern.
The purpose of Grow New England is to enlist, educate, and equip church planters to establish Grace Brethren Churches on Boston’s North Shore and throughout New England.
This intern will receive…
- Theological Training
- Discipleship Training
- Practical Ministry Training
The intern will be exposed to and involved in leading evangelistic Bible studies, discipleship (BILD and Biblical counseling), community outreach, preaching and teaching and other hands-on ministries.
This is a 24-36-month internship with the goal of planting a church. During the latter stages (year3) the intern will begin to identify a location and launch team with the assistance of the director and board of Grow New England.
Grow New England is a cooperating ministry of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. Our organization was officially incorporated in October 2011. Prior to 2011 North Shore Bible Church, now located in Essex started in April 2000 in a living room in Gloucester MA. It was the goal of that first church to reproduce itself throughout the towns of New England. And was very much the birthplace of Grow New England.
The position is an unpaid position. The intern will be encouraged to find employment. There is also an opportunity to raise financial support through Grow New England. The intern will be discipled by the director of Grow New England and the pastoral staff of North Shore Bible Church.
The intern should meet the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
For more information contact Jack Brown at 508.284.5098 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow New England and North Shore Bible Church are looking for a pastor/church planter to lead their most recent church plant in Danvers MA.
North Shore Bible Church, Danvers was started in October 2015. Current worship service attendance averages 35. Danvers MA is a town of about 30,000 people located approximately 25 miles north of Boston. As is true with most New England towns Danvers is in desperate need of the Gospel.
The position is a part-time position and will require the pastor to work a minimum of 25 hours a week outside the church. The founding pastor and director of Grow New England will work with the pastor as he transitions into the position.
* This position shall be held by a man who meets the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
* He will serve on the elder board.
* He will be responsible to preach, teach and exercise his spiritual gifts.
* He will work directly with the elder board in the execution of the church's vision..
For more information contact Jack Brown at 508.284.5098 or email@example.com