These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that come as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc. does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc.Post a new opportunity
Show All Opportunities
Proposed Ministry Description
Chief of Staff*
Encompass World Partners
The Chief of Staff serves the Executive Director and Agency by pursuing his priorities and objectives so as to relieve him from the responsibilities of daily oversight and management. S/he manages major initiatives and projects, and assists in defining and taking actions such as are needed to complete them in a timely and efficient manner. S/he interfaces with Senior and Mid-level Directors to ensure they a) have appropriate access to the Executive Director, b) receive timely responses to their needs, suggestions and concerns, and c) are informed of decision and actions of the Executive Director and their peers.
Accountability and Relationships
This position is directly accountable to the Executive Director. This position works closely with Senior and Mid-level Directors, and interfaces frequently with the Board of Directors.
Facilitator - - Manager - - Intermediator - - Coordinator - - Influencer - - Ambassador - - Technician
Qualities of a Preferred Candidate
- Embodies and champions the Vision, Values and Objectives of the Agency, and relentlessly pursues alignment with these priorities throughout the organization.
- Embraces the role of Encompass within The Charis Alliance and The Charis Fellowship of North America.
- Finds joy and meaning in the success of others, especially the Executive Director. Is worthy of trust.
- Is self-motivated; does not require or prefer to be managed.
- Listens with discernment, asks clarifying questions, and creates useful summaries, conclusions and action steps.
- Able to organize and manage projects and tasks from ideation to completion.
- Influences others and finds consensus in settings where s/he may not exercise organizational (line) authority.
- The person occupying this position must be located at the Mobilization Headquarters in Atlanta.
- While her/his primary ministry location is Atlanta, s/he must be willing to travel 1 or 2 times per quarter (average). Most trips will be 3-4 days in length, except for the occasional international destination.
- Our Board of Directors assumes this will be a long-term position, so we are seeking a candidate willing to make an initial four-year commitment, beginning April 1, 2018.
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry is strongly preferred, as well as formal education to the Masters Level.
*This title is descriptive. Exact position title still under consideration.