These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that come as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc. does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc.Post a new opportunity
Show All Opportunities
Request for applications/nominations, Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, Winchester, VA. Attachment: Pastor Search Documents
February 1, 2018
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church (BRGBC) in Winchester, VA, requests applications or nominations of candidates for a call as Pastor.
BRGBC is a congregation affiliated with Charis Fellowship (www.charisfellowship.us), formerly, Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. The church, founded in 1983, is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. BRGBC is debt free, situated on a campus setting with room to grow just west of the city limits.
The attachment includes (1) Vision statement, Mission statement, Essential Qualifications of the Pastor, and search Timetable (subject to change). The Pastor Search Committee will review qualifications of applicants recommended or submitted. Bi-vocational applicants will be considered, also. We prefer a ministry resume to be submitted by email with appropriate attachments to the church email address, BRGBC@comcast.net. If submitted by USPS, send to Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, Pastor Search Committee, 1025 Cedar Creek Grade, Winchester, VA 22602. Please include personal testimony, education, experience, and references.
Inquiries for clarification may be addressed to Interim Pastor Larry Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone at 240-520-2511.
Applications should be received on-or-before March 31, 2018 to be considered.
We encourage you to forward this information with attachment to any qualified person you know who may have an interest in applying for this position.
Pastor Larry Weber, Facilitator, Pastor Search Committee
We, the believers of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church, seek to live as disciples of Jesus Christ, reach out with the Gospel locally and globally, love all people, and serve the needs of our community, our country, and the world as the Lord leads.
Our Vision – Worship God; Follow Jesus; Make disciples; Serve others.
Blue Ridge Grace Brethren Church is united for worship, praise, teaching, and fellowship; we will preach the Gospel directly in our community and spread it through support of global ministries; we commit to obey Jesus’ commands in the Bible, the Word of God; we seek growth in the grace and knowledge of Christ, and to live in truth, love and purity; and we proclaim God’s love through acts of service.
Our Mission – Preach the Gospel; Obey God’s Word; Grow in grace of Jesus Christ; Live in truth, love, and purity; and Show God’s love to others.
BRGBC TIMETABLE FOR SEARCH
(Subject to change.)
December 4 – Approve proposed Pastor Search Committee
December 11 – First Meeting
December 20 – Review of initial questions; Consider Vision, Mission, Essential Qualifications of Pastor
December 31 – Ask congregation for input on Vision, Mission, Qualifications of pastor, and most urgent change
January 3 – Revise Documents for Official Board review
January 8 – Present Documents to Official Board for review/approval
January 21 – Final Review/Approval of Documents by congregation
January 22 – Announce Pastor Search, distribute Vision, Mission, and Essential Qualifications of Pastor to Charis Fellowship organizations, post on website
February – Pastor Search Committee review first applications/nominations received
February – Pastor Search Committee meetings as needed
March 31 – Final date for receipt of applications/nominations
March – Meetings as necessary to review all applications, conduct interviews, check references
April (date to be determined) – Selection of finalists for Pastor and review Pastor Search Process with Official Board
May (date to be determined) – Presentation of recommended Pastor candidate sermon
June (date to be determined) – Congregation vote to call Pastor
Essential Qualifications of Pastor Blue Ridge Grace Brethren
The Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to preach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the chief administrator of the paid staff. He is the “first among equals” with regards to the Deacons and Official Board of Blue Ridge Grace Brethren (BRGBC), and is held accountable to them.
1. He shall meet the qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
2. He shall fulfill the exhortations found in 1 Peter 5:1-4.
3. He shall love people inside and outside the church with integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness.
4. He will be a humble and accountable Spirit-led, servant of Jesus (Philippians 2:1-8).
5. He shall give himself daily to personal study of the Word of God and to prayer (Acts 6:1-4).
6. He shall submit himself for accountability to his church officers (Hebrews 13:7, 17).
7. He shall be in agreement with the Charis Fellowship Statement of Faith as printed in the church constitution.
1. Fulfill the responsibilities of an elder as outlined in the Scriptures (Acts 20:28-31, Titus 1:9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Hebrews 13:7, 17; James 5:14) as he loves the people and shepherds the flock.
2. Preach and teach the Word of God and to give himself to serious and comprehensive study of God's Word (2 Timothy 4:1-5).
3. Lead the leaders in developing, clarifying, refining, and implementing a Christ-Centered vision of ministry for BRGBC.
4. Seek to equip the saints to do the work of ministry and to edify the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11).
5. Administrate and meet regularly with the church staff, if and when hired.
6. Prayerfully plan the weekly Sunday worship services, along with the Associate Pastor(s), if any.
7. Carry out the ordinances of the church (Three-fold Communion and Baptism by Triune Immersion) in cooperation with the Deacons.
8. Coordinate and prayerfully plan other programming of BRGBC in coordination with the appropriate ministry leaders.
9. Work with the Deacons to handle church discipline, and seek to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
10. Serve as an ex-officio member of all Ministry Teams, Boards, and Commissions at BRGBC.
11. He will be ordained, or willing to seek ordination, in the Charis Fellowship through the Ministerium of the Mid Atlantic Ministries, Inc. and other affiliated organizations
12. Provide a monthly report for each Official Board meeting.
13. Write essential church communications.
14. Regularly visit the flock as well as minister to the sick and needy.
15. Provide counseling as long as this does not prevent him from fulfilling his primary responsibilities of Bible study and prayer.
16. Develop a community presence through participation in community events, organizations, etc. with the specific purpose of representing Christ and the church in community life.
1. Prepare and perform weddings as needed and as schedule allows.
2. Be involved in funerals as needed and as schedule allows.
3. Be open to the Lord's leading, serving the flock, witnessing with a purpose, and loving people and the Triune God in Heaven.
Anticipated Time Commitments:
1. Forty to fifty hours a week, off on Saturday and one day during week, except for emergencies and special occasions.
2. Monthly Official Board meetings, Monthly District Ministerium meetings as schedule allows, and other meetings and activities as necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
1. Compensation of $--,--- annually, to be divided into salary and housing allowance as provided by law and specified in the terms of call together with items 2-9.
2. Reimbursement of ministry expenses up to an amount approved by the congregation annually.
3. Conference and continuing education allowance up to the amount approved by the congregation annually.
4. Vehicle mileage reimbursement up the amount approved by the congregation annually.
5. Paid Day’s off in accordance to stated holidays.
6. An office, computer, internet access, telephone, cell phone reimbursement, and other items that are required for the accomplishment of the position.
7. Ownership of all newly written and intellectual property remains the property of the Senior Pastor, not the church. BRGBC retains the right to publish (print and digital) not-for-profit materials as originally presented.
8. Paid healthcare for the Senior Pastor and family through mutually-agreed insurance carrier.
9. Medical, dental, and eye care reimbursement for the Senior Pastor and family of up to $-,--- annually with proper documentation of expenses that are in accordance with IRS regulations for allowable medical reimbursement.
Senior Pastor Date