These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that come as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc. does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches, inc.Post a new opportunity
Show All Opportunities
Grasslands Church - Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Job Title: Lead Pastor
Direct Report: Elders
Summary of Position:
The Lead Pastor of Grasslands Church will be responsible to develop, employ, and foster a relational culture and connection systems to move people forward in the faith.
He should be able to help people: Find God, form healthy relationships and fulfil their potential. This role provides leadership over the many ministry environments beyond our weekend services.
The Preferred Candidate:
• Will have experience leading small groups and building/sustaining systems that facilitate group oversight.
• Should possess strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, communication as well as
strong relational abilities.
• Will have a shepherding gift but will also develop a shepherding culture through small group leaders
• Is self-motivated, not needing micro-management, yet loves to live life with a team.
• Bachelor’s degree, Bible College and/or Seminary degree preferred but not compulsory.
• Align with the vision, values of Grasslands Church, and doctrinal statement of Charis Fellowship (formerly Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches).
• Will work with Charis Fellowship leaders to attain approval for ordination
Job Responsibilities include(but not limited to):
Preach and host Sunday gatherings
Ensure the Sunday morning experience is grace-oriented and engaging for both the believer and the explorer
Connect people to Community Groups or Discovery Groups (i.e. small groups, etc.) and help their spiritual formation
Keep the church vision and values in front of people at all times
Develop leaders and care for people
Lead the entire ministry along with the Elders in a team environment
Ensure that all ministry efforts are aligned with Grasslands mission and values
Dream of and develop new ways for Grasslands to reach unbelievers
Lead staff and volunteers with grace
Specific gifts, passions, and leadership abilities should include:
>Humble, open, and resilient
>An active doer, leads by example
>Passionate for the lost
>Aware of his strengths, and weaknesses
>Disarming / Put people at ease
>Spiritually rooted and adept
• Participate in annual job performance reviews and evaluations.
This description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.