Palmyra Grace Church
799 Airport Road,.
Palmyra PA 17078
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY
The Director of Student Ministry (DSM) will participate in the overall staff team emphasis of discipleship and disciple making. The DSM is to oversee the student ministry strategy of Palmyra Grace Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Palmyra Grace Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The DSM will partner with parents to lead students to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement, and spiritual growth at Palmyra Grace by meeting students where they are and leading them to next steps. The DSM will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of students through weekend environments, small groups, and volunteer teams.
This position is part-time 15 -20 hours per week.
The Director of Student Ministries will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Palmyra Grace Church. The DSM should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The DSM models a strong relationship with his spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The DSM strives to fulfill his purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
● Committing to a regular quiet-time with God.
● Attending the Palmyra Grace weekend service on a regular basis. Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
● Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
● Supporting the ministries of Palmyra Grace Church by financial giving proportionate to income.
● Must be Dependable, mature, expressive of feelings, exhibit Godly character, compassionate, flexible, teachable, a team player, self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, able to mentor & coach others.
2. Development and Leadership of Volunteers and Student Ministry Team
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in developing a team of ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the students. Responsible for creating an environment that recruits, develops and empowers student ministry leaders and mobilizes students to become leaders within the ministry:
● Communicating clear vision and wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
● Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
● Overseeing systems for background checks and safety and security procedures as defined the Palmyra Grace Child Protection Policy, scheduling, training and care of volunteers.
● Leading staff and volunteer meetings.
● Championing the student ministry leadership development strategy.
● Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
● Providing staff and volunteer teams with current student ministry best practices.
● Ensuring that the children’s ministry team answers questions and seeks to build meaningful relationships with parents and kids on a consistent basis.
● Providing regular evaluations and feedback to team members.
● Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new students and their families are plugged in to Palmyra Grace Church.
● Managing budget forecasts and expenses for Student Ministry.
3. Oversight and Execution of Weekend Environments
Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for students:
● Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
● Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend experiences.
● Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new students and their families.
● Providing volunteer student ministry workers with videos, and weekly scripts and lessons for ministry programming. Providing church-wide printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, marketing, etc. about the student ministry at Palmyra Grace Church
● Creating and maintaining a safe environment for students, including special needs students at Palmyra Grace Church.
● Plan, create, and lead student ministry events outside of Sunday mornings; such as trips to local sports games, concerts, retreats, local, national, or international short-term mission trips, etc.
Has a passion for ministering to and working with students and their families, with a heart for understanding their unique needs and a real desire to include them in the ministry of the church by:
● Studying and understanding the current culture of children, and the spiritual and developmental needs of students within the church body and in the greater community that the church serves.
● Remaining current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, and other student ministry techniques, and implement or resource these as appropriate.
● Building relationships with families, including providing a personal contact (phone or visit) with each family annually and care for families through hospital visits and appropriate follow-up communications.
● Maintaining a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
5. Oversight and Execution of Small Groups
Constructs practical onramps and systems to help students move from visiting to belonging and growing:
● Developing a systematic and effective effort to integrate kid’s small groups into our weekend environments.
● Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
● Actively encouraging small group leaders to connect with families and students during the week.
● Providing opportunities for students to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities.
● Offering small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
● Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their students take their next steps toward Christ.
● Develop and execute student outreach efforts at Palmyra Grace Church.
6. Oversight and Execution of Student-Led Ministry
Deep and lasting faith grows in young people when we UNLEASH them as creators, rather than consumers, developing a disciple-approach to student ministry where students own, develop, and implement their own student ministry with the coaching, support, and mentorship of mature Christian adults.
● Develop a systematic and effective effort to implement a student-led, adult mentored approach to student ministry at Palmyra Grace Church.
● Continually cast the vision to see students equipped as leaders For Christ and the Church, and recruit adult mentors/coaches, and students to join making the vision happen.
● DSM must be able to meet the physical demands of working with students (this might be dodgeball). Physical demands that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, include, but are not limited to: frequently standing, walking, sitting, use of hands and fingers to perform ornate details, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking and hearing.
● The employee must frequently lift, carry and/or move items weighing up to 30 pounds. Assistance should always be sought for items that are heavier than your comfort level and specifically those weighing in excess of 30 pounds.
If interested please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.