Palmyra Grace Church
799 Airport Road,
Palmyra PA 17078
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
The Director of Children’s Ministry (DCM) will participate in the overall staff team emphasis of discipleship and disciple making. The DCM is to oversee the children's ministry strategy of Palmyra Grace Church under the direction and leadership of the Senior Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Palmyra Grace Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The DCM will partner with parents to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at Palmyra Grace by meeting kids where they are and leading them to next steps. The DCM will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of kids through weekend environments, small groups, and volunteer teams.
This position is part-time approximately 15-20 hours per week.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Palmyra Grace Church. The DCM should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The DCM models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The DCM strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
● Committing to a regular quiet-time with God.
● Attending the Palmyra Grace weekend service on a regular basis.
● Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
● Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
● Supporting the ministries of Palmyra Grace Church by financial giving proportionate to income.
● Must be Dependable, mature, expressive of feelings, exhibit Godly character, compassionate, flexible, teachable, a team player, self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, able to mentor & coach others.
2. Development and leadership of Volunteers and Children’s Ministry Team
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in developing a team of ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children. Responsible for creating an environment that recruits, develops and empowers children's ministry leaders:
● Communicating clear vision and wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
● Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
● Overseeing systems for background checks and safety and security procedures as defined the Palmyra Grace Child Protection Policy, scheduling, training and care of volunteers.
● Leading staff and volunteer meetings.
● Championing the children’s ministry leadership development strategy.
● Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
● Providing staff and volunteer teams with current children’s ministry best practices.
● Ensuring that the children’s ministry team answers questions and seeks to build meaningful relationships with parents and kids on a consistent basis.
● Providing regular evaluations and feedback to team members.
● Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure new kids and their families are plugged in to Palmyra Grace Church.
● Managing budget forecasts and expenses for Children’s Ministry.
3. Oversight and Execution of Weekend Environments
Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging experiences and life-changing environments for children:
● Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
● Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend experiences.
● Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new kids and their families.
● Providing volunteer children’s workers with videos, and weekly scripts and lessons for ministry programming. Providing church-wide printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, marketing, etc. about the kid’s ministry at Palmyra Grace Church
● Creating and maintaining a safe environment for kids, including special needs children at Palmyra Grace Church.
Has a passion for ministering to and working with children and their families, with a heart for understanding their unique needs and a real desire to include them in the ministry of the church by:
● Studying and understanding the current culture of children, and the spiritual and developmental needs of children within the church body and in the greater community that the church serves.
● Remaining current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, and other children’s ministry techniques, and implement or resource these as appropriate.
● Building relationships with families, including providing a personal contact (phone or visit) with each family annually and care for families through hospital visits and appropriate follow-up communications.
● Maintaining a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
5. Oversight and Execution of Small Groups
Constructs practical onramps and systems to help kids move from visiting to belonging and growing:
● Developing a systematic and effective effort to integrate kid’s small groups into our approach to ORANGE in our weekend environments.
● Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
● Actively encouraging small group leaders to connect with families and kids during the week.
● Providing opportunities for kids to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities.
● Offering small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
● Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ.
● Develop and execute kid’s outreach efforts at Palmyra Grace Church.
● DCM must be able to meet the physical demands of working with children. Physical demands that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, include, but are not limited to: frequently standing, walking, sitting, use of hands and fingers to perform ornate details, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking and hearing.
● The employee must frequently lift, carry and/or move items weighing up to 30 pounds. Assistance should always be sought for items that are heavier than your comfort level and specifically those weighing in excess of 30pounds.
*If interested, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.