These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Grace Church of Ephrata, PA
Grace Church of Ephrata, PA has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of revitalization. After a season of stagnancy, and a sudden loss of the senior pastor, this congregation of approximately 80 people has enthusiastically embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a productive future and to be more effective in reaching its community.
Grace Church is seeking a Revitalization Pastor willing to make a minimum 3-year commitment to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition.
Requirements of a Revitalization Pastor
- able to develop a vision and clear strategy for replanting/revitalizing/renewing a small community church
- able to plan both short-term and long-term projects, identify project goals and set time lines for achieving those goals
- able to motivate others to participate in achieving vision and planning goals for church renewal and growth
- have a strong marriage with a spouse who shares God’s call to the church renewal ministry and who wholeheartedly supports her husband in this undertaking
- has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
- is committed to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and to the authority of Scripture
- is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
- displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
- pursues righteousness and a godly life
- be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
- has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
- has a passion for God’s purpose for His church and its role in and for the world
- is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching
has the ability to teach/preach the Bible to diversified audiences consistent with the Gospel message
- ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
- has excellent communication skills
- adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
- able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
- is a problem solver
ability to work well with others in leadership positions
Qualifications of a Revitalization Pastor
- Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
- Prior experience a plus.
- Education – Bible College or Seminary Training
- Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
About Ephrata, PA
Ephrata, population 13,885, is a borough in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States, 38 miles south east of Harrisburg and about 57 miles west by north of Philadelphia. It is named after Ephrath, a biblical town in what is now Israel.