These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Victory Mountain Grace Brethren Chapel of Hyden, Kentucky
Victory Mountain GBC has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of revitalization. After a season of stagnancy, this congregation of approximately 40 people has enthusiastically embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a productive future and to be more effective in reaching its community.
Victory Mountain GBC is seeking a Revitalization Pastor willing to make a minimum 3-year commitment to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition.
Requirements of a Revitalization Pastor
- able to develop a vision and clear strategy for replanting/revitalizing/renewing a small, rural community church
- able to plan both short-term and long-term projects, identify project goals and set time lines for achieving those goals
- able to motivate others to participate in achieving vision and planning goals for church renewal and growth
- have a strong marriage with a spouse who shares God’s call to the church renewal ministry and who wholeheartedly supports her husband in this undertaking
- has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
- is committed to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and to the authority of Scripture
- is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
- displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
- pursues righteousness and a godly life
- be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
- has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
- has a passion for God’s purpose for His church and its role in and for the world
- is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching
has the ability to teach/preach the Bible to diversified audiences consistent with the Gospel message
- ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
- has excellent communication skills
- adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
- able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
- is a problem solver
ability to work well with others in leadership positions
Qualifications of a Revitalization Pastor
- Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
- Prior experience a plus.
- Education – Bible College or Seminary Training
Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
About Hyden, KY
Hyden, population 350, is a beautiful mountain community located in southeast Kentucky. Hyden is in Leslie County, which is home to more than 11,000 people in 4800 households. Hyden is 97% Caucasian.
In August of 1950, Ms. Evelyn Fuqua came to Dryhill, KY. She moved in next to Ted and Sally Begley along the riverbank of the Kentucky Middle Fork River. The Home Missions Council helped Ms. Evelyn buy property from Mary Huff, for a mere $500.00. A dedication ceremony was held on Oct. 4th, 1953 for the newly built church. Ms. Evelyn started many ministries, including a Friday night youth boys club. She served until 1965, when Pastor Marvin and Dixie Lowery came to serve.
Marvin was a great servant and was called the “Laugh Man” for his hearty laugh. They served faithfully for 11 years. John and Jenny Sholley, came in 1976 and served 4 years. John was a good doctrinal bible teacher and responsible for the creation of the “Brethren Bunch”, a traveling youth singing group. Dave Schultze filled in for 6 months after the Sholleys left. Pastor Sam and Betty Baer arrived March 15th, 1979 and have served faithfully to the present. The Baers have 6 children who helped extensively with the church work.
A two story addition was added in 1984. In 1993 an addition was made to the parsonage and the Phillip Valentine Memorial Nursery was built. The newest addition was a 22 ft. steeple added in 1998.
Persons interested in discussing this position shoud DOWNLOAD the application and submit it, along with a resume, to email@example.com