These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Sr Pastor Job Description
Kish Valley Grace Brethren Church seeks a man whose primary responsibilities would include weekly ministry of the Word and prayer, leadership to the ministries of the church in conjunction with the elder board, oversight and management of paid pastoral and ministry staff, and shepherding the Church of God (Acts 20:28) in accordance with our mission and vision.
Applicant should be a pastor who holds a degree from an accredited seminary/university, whosedoctrinal positions agree with those of Kish Valley Grace Brethren Church, and has a minimum of 5 years ministry experience.
Other duties include:
· Leads by example through involvement in spiritual community
· Member of the Deacon Board, but does not lead it
· Maintains relationship at some level with our Fellowship and district of Grace Brethren churches
· Other duties as needed
· Provides overall leadership for Adult Ministries (Adult Bible Fellowships and Life Groups)
· Engages in limited counseling and visitation as needed
· Possesses a proven ability to grow a ministry
Personal skills and traits desired:
· Possesses a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· Is friendly and approachable
· Has a clear and proven call to pastoral ministry
· Preaches, teaches and applies God’s Word as our ultimate authority
· Understands and can adapt to our local culture
· Has proven experience in leading staff and raising up volunteers
· Is a humble man of integrity
· Has a Great Commission mindset
Our mission is REAL LIFE…One person at a time.
We desire to be a church where deep, meaningful, grace-oriented life in Christ is explored, experienced and celebrated. We have a reputation in our community for being a friendly and caring church centered on Jesus and the grace He gives His people.
Kish is a multi-generational body of about 225 attendees on a Sunday morning with a healthy mix of ages from infants to seniors.
Kish began as a missions church in a family’s basement in the 1970’s. We eventually grew to the point of occupying a new building in 1987. We have expanded facilities twice due to support congregational growth.
We are located in Mifflin County, PA, about a 30-minute drive from State College, home of the Nittany Lions. Our county has a rural, homey feel to it with Amish and Mennonite farms all around us and a population of a little under 50,000. Our building is located in the hub of a housing development comprised of single-family dwellings, apartments and townhomes. We sit in the middle of an exciting mission field.
Our leadership is comprised of an Elder Board which gives spiritual oversight to our church family and a Deacon Board that provides administrative leadership. Spiritual community is a priority to us. This is reflected in our Adult Bible Fellowships, Life Groups and ministry teams where REAL LIFE is lived out in an authentic way.
We currently employ a full-time Senior Pastor, full-time Student Ministries Pastor, part-time Children’s Ministry Director, part-time Worship Director, part-time Administrative Assistant and part-time Financial Assistant.
When you attend one of our Sunday services you should be met by a friendly face and a warm welcome. For those with infants, we have a cheerful, well-staffed nursery conveniently located inside the main foyer. Children post-nursery age to grade 5 are welcome to stay with you in the main worship service or enjoy our Children's Church about 15 minutes after the service begins.
Dress is casual. We are more concerned about who you are on the inside than what you are wearing on the outside. We are known as one of the friendliest churches in the area. Our hope is for everyone to sense a friendly, family spirit.
If you look inside our worship folder, you will notice that we offer life groups and Sunday School for all ages, as we consider these essential in helping to build strong families. We also encourage people to participate in serving to support the ministry. The Bible is taught and preached with applications relevant to today's issues.
We are a church COMMUNITY that is intentional about SERVING with the purpose of impacting the world for Jesus by teaching BIBLICAL TRUTH and living lives that reflect Christ’s LOVE to others.
· Priority of prayer (Matt 7:7-8; 1 Thess 5:17)
· Strong families (Eph 5:21-6:4)
· Grace-oriented living with Gospel focus at every level (Titus 2:11-14; 1 Cor 15:1)
· Priority of discipleship within context of spiritual community (Matt 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47)
· Living/serving with eternal purpose in view (Matt 16:27; Col 3:23-24)
· Development of spirit-led leaders at all levels (Eph 4:11-13; Eph 5:18-20)
· Mission/outreach focused (Matt 9:36-38; Matt 28:19-20)
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org