These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Family Ministry Pastor
Grace Brethren Church, is seeking a full time Family Ministry Pastor. We are a multicultural church located outside of Washington, DC, in Clinton, Maryland. We are committed to growing devoted disciples who are Touching People with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ and being transformed by the power of God. [Touching People – Being Transformed] We have about 300 in attendance on a Sunday morning. The church also has a Christian School with just under 500 students K3 – 12th grade. This person will be responsible for the oversight of ministries from Nursery to Young Adult with direct leadership responsibilities in the area of Teen Ministry. They will ensure these ministries are operating safely and effectively, truly ministering to those in involved and reaching out to others. The person chosen for this position will receive a full time salary, medical and health benefits as well as paid tuition for any of their children enrolled. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until May 1, 2019
PERSONAL AND SPIRITUAL
- Must possess a vibrant and growing relationship with Christ.
- Must be an active member and attendee of bible believing church
- Must be in agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Charis Fellowship
- Must meet the qualifications of an elder. (I Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9)
- Must have a clear calling to Ministry.
- Must have a love for teens and children and a desire to help them grow in their faith.
- Must possess clear communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be willing to become a member of GBC of Clinton.
- Must be willing to submit to a full background check
Educational and Professional
1. Must have a four year degree in the area of ministry or a related field
2. At least two years’ experience in Youth or Children’s ministry including internships.
3. Experience in ministry to groups of 50 or more is preferred.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license
5. Demonstrates experience, willingness and ability to minister with and to a multicultural community
- The Family Ministry Pastor will be a full member of the Pastoral staff and will participate in weekly staff meetings, annual training, take part in leading Church Services and other meetings as needed
- The Family Ministry Pastor will be responsible for casting a vision for their areas of ministry in conjunction with the ministry of the Church
- The Family Ministry Pastor will set thevision and direction of the Youth and children’s ministry in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and the overall church direction, goals and annual theme.
- This position will be the point leader for all ministries to Teens, they will actively pursue and minister to students in the church, the school and the neighborhood.
- This position will have oversight of the Children’s Ministry and will work with the Children’s Ministry Leader to establish and accomplish the Goals of that ministry
- The Family Ministry Pastor will work have oversight of Young Adult Ministries and will work with the leaders of the Young Adult Ministry to achieve this areas goals.
- They Family Ministry Pastor will be responsible for assuring the recruitment, training, staffing and scheduling of leaders and volunteers on every level is being accomplished.
- This leader will be responsible for ensuring that all curriculum, on every level, is properly reviewed.
- This leader will help build bridges between Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry to facilitate smooth transitions for the students from each ministry to the next.
- This leader will seek to help children, teens and young adults become fully integrated into the body and ministry of our Church.
- This person will need to communicate effectively with church staff, school staff, Church council, teens, parents, ministry leaders, volunteers and other youth leaders with-in the Christian community, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor