These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Grace Brethren Church of Calvert County
Calvert Grace is looking for a Youth Pastor to lead our youth ministry team. We are a church of approximately 500, currently ministering to approximately 25 high school and 35 middle school youth and their families. We have one half-time youth leader currently on staff and approximately 16 adult volunteers active in youth ministry. We also have a Youth and Children’s Arts Director who works with our Youth to lead worship services once a month.
We are praying for a person with a calling to youth ministry who has a passion to engage our youth individually and collectively with the truth of God’s Word and the love of God’s Son. Teaching must be a strength for our candidate, as well as a giftedness for relating God’s truths to our youth’s lives today. A willingness to invest in our youth’s lives outside the church doors is also a must, as well as a passion to equip adults to come alongside to mentor and disciple our youth.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Primary responsibilities include oversight of youth ministries. This will include, but not be limited to preparation and leading of all youth teaching and discipleship, equipping youth staff and volunteers to assist in leading youth ministry activities, and outreach to our local youth and their families.
- Meet the qualifications of an overseer/elder, as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Humble, servant’s heart for ministry
- An ability to work well with other ministry team members
- Strong leadership and equipping skills in youth ministry
- An ability to preach and teach God’s Word
- Full of grace and mercy, with a Spirit-led discernment of the needs of youth
- Joyful, outgoing, engaging disposition
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must be/become a member in good standing of Grace Brethren Church of Calvert County
- Must adhere to, and support, the Church’s Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Constitution and policies and positions of the Church as may be adopted by the Church from time to time
- 3-5 Years Experience in Youth Ministry
- Seminary degree or undergraduate degree in youth ministry
- Preaching and/or teaching experience
- Licensure or eligibility for licensure in the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches
HOURS: 40 hours per week is the minimum work week, though the nature of ministry will require longer hours per week as the needs of the ministry may dictate.