These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Eagle River Grace Church
Eagle River Grace Church is a family-oriented, gospel-centered church with a mission to build lives that matter by teaching people to love, know, trust, and follow Jesus. We are located in Chugiak, Alaska, a growing community approximately 15 miles from Anchorage, Alaska.
We are excited about adding a part-time pastor to our team to assist in normal pastoral duties, with an emphasis on leading a young adult/professional ministry. It is essential that this person also be able to connect with people of all ages on a social and spiritual level, with the intent of discipling them towards Christ-like maturity.
· Provide leadership, vision, and support to help equip the church to effectively carry out its ongoing ministry, with a particular emphasis on a young adult ministry—post college, both single and married.
· Prepare and preach biblically-based, life-applicable messages approximately once a month, as well as carry out other teaching/preaching and worship responsibilities as mutually agreed upon with the Board of Elders.
· In cooperation with the elders, be available to members and regular attendees of the church for spiritual leadership and pastoral care. This would include, but not be limited to hospital and home visitation; offering biblical guidance; marital and pre-marital instruction; and conducting marriages, funerals, and baptisms.
· Participate in other ministry opportunities outside of the local church upon mutual agreement with the Board of Elders. This would include both Charis Fellowship churches (CF) and non-CF ministries such as foreign mission trips.
Responsible to the Senior Pastor and Elder Board of Eagle River Grace Church and work as part of the ministerial staff of the church. Commitment is for approximately 20 hours per week; however, this can be varied seasonally to accommodate, for example, a schoolteacher or commercial fisherman.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate relationship with Him that is evident to all who know him.
· Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle that complies with the Biblical qualifications of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:7-9.
· A man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is doing in his life, as well as the life of the church.
· Agreement with the doctrine, mission, vision, and values of Eagle River Grace Church.
· A track record of membership, involvement, and ministry in the local church.
Applicants should submit:
· Current resume
· Personal statement of faith
· Brief paragraph describing why you feel called to ministry
· Minimum of two references
Eagle River Grace
P.O. Box 770430
Eagle River, AK 99577
17850 Birchtree Street
Chugiak, AK 99567