These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
Assistant Pastor/Youth Pastor
Etown Grace Church
Etown Grace is looking for an assistant pastor who will oversee our youth ministry and children’s ministry. He will also provide leadership to our worship or outreach teams according to his gifts and abilities. Our church has a weekly attendance of 110.
Currently our youth group is small. We currently have 4-5 teens There are several youth in our church that are not currently involved in the youth ministry. Our teen ministry is currently led by four adult volunteers
General Position Description
Primary responsibilities include developing and leading of the youth ministries in line with the vision of Etown Grace Church. This will include but not be limited to preparing and leading of all youth teaching and discipleship meetings and service and outreach opportunities. He will be responsible to equip and train a youth volunteer staff to assist in the youth ministry and outreach to our local youth and their families. He will provide leadership to our children’s ministries and be responsible for recruiting and training staff and working with the parents.
Secondary responsibilities will be in the areas of outreach or worship depending on abilities and experience. He will be required to fulfill other pastoral roles as needed such as preaching, visitation and other areas delegated by the lead pastor.
- Meet the qualifications of an overseer/elder, as described in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- College degree, a Bible degree is a plus because Biblical knowledge is essential for this position.
- Track record for growing a youth ministry in making disciples and growing the group in numbers.
- Strong leadership skills and equipping skills in youth ministry.
- Demonstrate servant leadership in working with the lead pastor and elders as well as leading a ministry team.
- Ability to preach and teach God’s Word.
- Must be/become a member in good standing of Etown Grace Church.
- Must adhere to the Constitution, Bylaws, Procedures of the Etown Grace Church.
- 3-5 years of experience in youth ministry in a local church or similar work experience
- Licensed by the Charis Fellowship or willing to pursue being approved for licensure by the Northern Atlantic District of the Charis Fellowship in the first three years and licensed by Etown Grace Church.
- Youth is a major part of this ministry but applicant must also show ability and effectiveness in outreach or worship or other areas of ministry as needed.
- Interest and involvement with community youth organizations like local teen ministries and in schools and the community in general
HOURS:40 hours a week is the minimum work week, though the nature of ministry will require longer hours per week and a more flexible schedule as the needs of the ministry may dictate.
To apply please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the church at ATTN: Assistant Pastor Search Committee, Etown Grace, 305 Anchor Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022. Resumes must be submitted by October 15, 2020.