These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Northwest Chapel is a Charis Fellowship church located in the town of Dublin, OH which is a suburb of Columbus. The church is led by Senior Pastor Rob Barlow who came on as the senior pastor 7 years ago. The church currently has two Sunday morning services at 9:00a and 10:30a, both of which are identical with a blended worship style. Attendance currently runs around 500 each Sunday for their main worship services.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Job Description – Full-Time: 40-50 Hours a Week
Peninsula Grace Brethren Church
Family Pastor Mission Statement
- To equip families to be disciples and make disciples of Jesus
Family Pastor Heart/Summary
- A man who loves Jesus and has a vision for equipping families to love Jesus and reach other families for Jesus
- Primary focus is to equip and disciple parents, staff and volunteers to make disciples of Jesus
- Possess a unique ability to connect with people of all ages
- Someone whose wife also loves Jesus and supports her husband in making disciples
Expected Knowledge and Experience
- Biblical studies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of biblical curriculum
- Experience in discipleship (discipleship: becoming like Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit and His Word, and making other disciples who make other disciples who...)
- Children’s and Youth Ministry Experience
- Able to teach and preach
- Has raised or is raising children to follow Jesus (the more experience the better!)
- Reports to: Lead Pastor, Elders
- Supervises: Children’s Coordinator, Youth Director, Youth Interns
Area of Responsibilities
- Church-Based Ministries
Oversee discipleship and ministries from cradle to college
Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next
- Equipping and Encouraging Parents
Disciple, mentor and counsel parents and couples
Facilitate marriage, parenting and discipleship training
- Intergenerational Connections
Work with ministries to provide times for all generations to worship, learn and serve together
Help ministry leaders develop a plan for outreach and spreading the gospel to our community
Tasks and Functions
Be an elder, meeting every other week with elder board
Teach and/or facilitate biblical classes, preaching as much as once a month
Attend weekly staff meetings
Establish consistent office hours; 30-40 hours/week (present Sundays, Wednesday nights & as needed)
Contact Pastor Justin Franchino at (907) 252-8854 or email@example.com
Camp Abroyoca Caretaker
A search is now being conducted to find a new full-time Camp Caretaker. This job requires a vast variety of skills, such as being an electrician, plumber, carpenter, repairman and a general all-around handyman. The new Caretaker will also need to take a test to be “Certified” to operate the camp indoor swimming pool. He will be expected to keep the camp neat and in working order, as well as, taking care of booking all Camp Rentals. Being Camp Caretaker is a full-time job, so the Caretaker is expected to live in the home provided at the camp.
If anyone is interested in applying for this position, please make your request, in writing, telling a little about yourself (a resume), to Pastor Larry R. Weigle, Camp Corporation President, at the following address: Pastor Larry Weigle, 3449 Stoystown Road, Stoystown, PA 15563-8172.
All applicants will be interviewed by the Camp Trustee Board. This is a very important ministry, so please make this a matter of prayer. If possible, we would like to have a new Caretaker at Camp Albryoca as soon as possible, at least, by Spring 2019. If you have any questions, contact Pastor Weigle at (814)893-5422.
Pataskala Grace Church
Pataskala Grace Church of Pataskala, OH has entered into a partnership with Assist Church Expansion for the purpose of revitalization. After a season of stagnancy, and sudden loss of the senior pastor, this congregation of approximately 80 people has enthusiastically embraced God’s leading to engage a process of revitalization to ensure a productive future and to be more effective in reaching its community.
Pataskala Grace Church is seeking a Revitalization Pastor willing to make a minimum 3-year commitment to work with Assist Church Expansion and to lead the church through the transition.
Requirements of a Revitalization Pastor
· able to develop a vision and clear strategy for replanting/revitalizing/renewing a small community church
· able to plan both short-term and long-term projects, identify project goals and set time lines for achieving those goals
· able to motivate others to participate in achieving vision and planning goals for church renewal and growth
· have a strong marriage with a spouse who shares God’s call to the church renewal ministry and who wholeheartedly supports her husband in this undertaking
· has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
· is committed to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior and to the authority of Scripture
· is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
· displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
· pursues righteousness and a godly life
· be theologically aligned with the
· has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
· has a passion for God’s purpose for His church and its role in and for the world
· is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching
· has the ability to teach/preach the Bible to diversified audiences consistent with the Gospel message
· ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
· has excellent communication skills
· adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
· able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
· is a problem solver
· ability to work well with others in leadership positions
Qualifications of a Revitalization Pastor
· Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
· Prior experience a plus.
· Education – Bible College or Seminary Training
· Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
About Pataskala, OH
Pataskala, population 14,962, is a city in Licking County, Ohio, United States, 17 miles east of Columbus. A predominantly Caucasian community, Pataskala is home to nearly 4,000 households with approximately 40% having children under 18 years of age. 40% of the community is Millennial or Gen Y.
Family Ministry Pastor
Grace Brethren Church, is seeking a full time Family Ministry Pastor. We are a multicultural church located outside of Washington, DC, in Clinton, Maryland. We are committed to growing devoted disciples who are Touching People with the love and gospel of Jesus Christ and being transformed by the power of God. [Touching People – Being Transformed] We have about 300 in attendance on a Sunday morning. The church also has a Christian School with just under 500 students K3 – 12th grade. This person will be responsible for the oversight of ministries from Nursery to Young Adult with direct leadership responsibilities in the area of Teen Ministry. They will ensure these ministries are operating safely and effectively, truly ministering to those in involved and reaching out to others. The person chosen for this position will receive a full time salary, medical and health benefits as well as paid tuition for any of their children enrolled. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until May 1, 2019
PERSONAL AND SPIRITUAL
- Must possess a vibrant and growing relationship with Christ.
- Must be an active member and attendee of bible believing church
- Must be in agreement with the Statement of Faith of the Charis Fellowship
- Must meet the qualifications of an elder. (I Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9)
- Must have a clear calling to Ministry.
- Must have a love for teens and children and a desire to help them grow in their faith.
- Must possess clear communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be willing to become a member of GBC of Clinton.
- Must be willing to submit to a full background check
Educational and Professional
1. Must have a four year degree in the area of ministry or a related field
2. At least two years’ experience in Youth or Children’s ministry including internships.
3. Experience in ministry to groups of 50 or more is preferred.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license
5. Demonstrates experience, willingness and ability to minister with and to a multicultural community
- The Family Ministry Pastor will be a full member of the Pastoral staff and will participate in weekly staff meetings, annual training, take part in leading Church Services and other meetings as needed
- The Family Ministry Pastor will be responsible for casting a vision for their areas of ministry in conjunction with the ministry of the Church
- The Family Ministry Pastor will set thevision and direction of the Youth and children’s ministry in cooperation with the Senior Pastor and the overall church direction, goals and annual theme.
- This position will be the point leader for all ministries to Teens, they will actively pursue and minister to students in the church, the school and the neighborhood.
- This position will have oversight of the Children’s Ministry and will work with the Children’s Ministry Leader to establish and accomplish the Goals of that ministry
- The Family Ministry Pastor will work have oversight of Young Adult Ministries and will work with the leaders of the Young Adult Ministry to achieve this areas goals.
- They Family Ministry Pastor will be responsible for assuring the recruitment, training, staffing and scheduling of leaders and volunteers on every level is being accomplished.
- This leader will be responsible for ensuring that all curriculum, on every level, is properly reviewed.
- This leader will help build bridges between Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry and Young Adult Ministry to facilitate smooth transitions for the students from each ministry to the next.
- This leader will seek to help children, teens and young adults become fully integrated into the body and ministry of our Church.
- This person will need to communicate effectively with church staff, school staff, Church council, teens, parents, ministry leaders, volunteers and other youth leaders with-in the Christian community, etc.
- All other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Sr Pastor Job Description
Kish Valley Grace Brethren Church seeks a man whose primary responsibilities would include weekly ministry of the Word and prayer, leadership to the ministries of the church in conjunction with the elder board, oversight and management of paid pastoral and ministry staff, and shepherding the Church of God (Acts 20:28) in accordance with our mission and vision.
Applicant should be a pastor who holds a degree from an accredited seminary/university, whosedoctrinal positions agree with those of Kish Valley Grace Brethren Church, and has a minimum of 5 years ministry experience.
Other duties include:
· Leads by example through involvement in spiritual community
· Member of the Deacon Board, but does not lead it
· Maintains relationship at some level with our Fellowship and district of Grace Brethren churches
· Other duties as needed
· Provides overall leadership for Adult Ministries (Adult Bible Fellowships and Life Groups)
· Engages in limited counseling and visitation as needed
· Possesses a proven ability to grow a ministry
Personal skills and traits desired:
· Possesses a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
· Is friendly and approachable
· Has a clear and proven call to pastoral ministry
· Preaches, teaches and applies God’s Word as our ultimate authority
· Understands and can adapt to our local culture
· Has proven experience in leading staff and raising up volunteers
· Is a humble man of integrity
· Has a Great Commission mindset
Our mission is REAL LIFE…One person at a time.
We desire to be a church where deep, meaningful, grace-oriented life in Christ is explored, experienced and celebrated. We have a reputation in our community for being a friendly and caring church centered on Jesus and the grace He gives His people.
Kish is a multi-generational body of about 225 attendees on a Sunday morning with a healthy mix of ages from infants to seniors.
Kish began as a missions church in a family’s basement in the 1970’s. We eventually grew to the point of occupying a new building in 1987. We have expanded facilities twice due to support congregational growth.
We are located in Mifflin County, PA, about a 30-minute drive from State College, home of the Nittany Lions. Our county has a rural, homey feel to it with Amish and Mennonite farms all around us and a population of a little under 50,000. Our building is located in the hub of a housing development comprised of single-family dwellings, apartments and townhomes. We sit in the middle of an exciting mission field.
Our leadership is comprised of an Elder Board which gives spiritual oversight to our church family and a Deacon Board that provides administrative leadership. Spiritual community is a priority to us. This is reflected in our Adult Bible Fellowships, Life Groups and ministry teams where REAL LIFE is lived out in an authentic way.
We currently employ a full-time Senior Pastor, full-time Student Ministries Pastor, part-time Children’s Ministry Director, part-time Worship Director, part-time Administrative Assistant and part-time Financial Assistant.
When you attend one of our Sunday services you should be met by a friendly face and a warm welcome. For those with infants, we have a cheerful, well-staffed nursery conveniently located inside the main foyer. Children post-nursery age to grade 5 are welcome to stay with you in the main worship service or enjoy our Children's Church about 15 minutes after the service begins.
Dress is casual. We are more concerned about who you are on the inside than what you are wearing on the outside. We are known as one of the friendliest churches in the area. Our hope is for everyone to sense a friendly, family spirit.
If you look inside our worship folder, you will notice that we offer life groups and Sunday School for all ages, as we consider these essential in helping to build strong families. We also encourage people to participate in serving to support the ministry. The Bible is taught and preached with applications relevant to today's issues.
We are a church COMMUNITY that is intentional about SERVING with the purpose of impacting the world for Jesus by teaching BIBLICAL TRUTH and living lives that reflect Christ’s LOVE to others.
· Priority of prayer (Matt 7:7-8; 1 Thess 5:17)
· Strong families (Eph 5:21-6:4)
· Grace-oriented living with Gospel focus at every level (Titus 2:11-14; 1 Cor 15:1)
· Priority of discipleship within context of spiritual community (Matt 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47)
· Living/serving with eternal purpose in view (Matt 16:27; Col 3:23-24)
· Development of spirit-led leaders at all levels (Eph 4:11-13; Eph 5:18-20)
· Mission/outreach focused (Matt 9:36-38; Matt 28:19-20)
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Due to the ill health and resignation of our beloved Lead Shepard, we are seeking a new Senior Pastor to oversee our flock.
Echo Valley Grace Brethren Church is in a rural setting at the base of a mountain. The church is located between Pine Grove and Tremont, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. The building sits on five (5) acres of land. The building is paid off, but a recent loan was taken out to pave the parking area (loan is with GBIF). The church is on one (1) floor and consists of a sanctuary, fellowship hall, kitchen, youth room, toddler room, nursery, a men’s and women’s bathroom and three offices. Weekly attendance is around 85.
Our new Lead Shepard should have a Degree of Divinity or similar training is, however, a minimum ten (10) years ministry experience is preferred. Our applicant will hold to the Grace Brethren directives, support our statement of faith, and firmly believe in the doctrines of scripture as vital for effective ministry. We are seeking a Pastor who will preach the Bible, the whole Bible and nothing but the Bible and who will not be apologetic for stepping on toes doing it. The applicant should be skilled in hermeneutics and be able to present the message to the body in an accurate skilled manor that will leave a lasting impression that will challenge the flock. We need help in areas of evangelism, discipleship, and bringing younger families into the church. And lastly, he must be an administrator.
We do have an active children’s and youth ministry overseen by a Youth Pastor. We have a weekly Awana program with about 25 children in attendance.
A salary and benefits package will be discussed during the interview process.
Interested applicants should send a resume and three references (at least one Pastoral and one church member, current or previous). Those interested should submit a resume and references to:
Chairman Pastor Search EVGBC
20 Columbia Avenue
Cressona, PA 17929
Marion Grace was established in 1985 and has been in its present location, 5 minutes south of downtown, since 1985. Our church has enjoyed strong Biblical teaching and preaching in a warm family fellowship environment. Our objectives are: Exaltation of God, Edification of the Believer, and Evangelism of the non-believer. We strongly support local, national and international missions and are blessed to be the sending church for John and Shari Jones, our former pastor from 1992 through 2016, who are currently serving in France. Many of our attenders serve in ministries outside the church including Child Evangelism Fellowship, Joni and Friends, Bible Study Fellowship, Royal Family Kids Club, Gideons, Marion Citizens for Life and mentoring at the juvenile justice center. We have also participated in many community outreach events with other churches and organizations over the years. Attendance is currently at 60-70 but has been as strong as 120. We have a strong core of “mature” believers and we have been praying for young families. The building sits on 4.5 acres and is well equipped and maintained and we have no debt.
The Marion city population is 36,837 and the county is 66,501. The community features a branch campus of The Ohio State University, Marion Technical College, and Tri-Rivers Joint Vocational School which serves several surrounding counties. We are an easy 1 hour drive from downtown Columbus or John Glenn International Airport. For more information go www.marionareachamber.org. and click the “About Marion” tab.
We are looking for a pastor who will be able to “equip the saints for the work of service” (Eph. 4:12) and lead us in the mission of “making disciples of all nations” (Mt. 28:19). We desire to improve our ability to reach, grow and send. Our pastor should lead by example in the areas of prayer, Bible study with clear exposition and application, family life, shepherding the body and passion for the lost. We need help in areas of evangelism, discipleship, and bringing younger families into the church.
For further information please contact DeAnn Mills (740) 360-2022 – cell
For application form go to www.mariongrace.org and click Forms
Send completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calvary Grace Brethren Church is presently searching for a full-time Senior Pastor. Calvary is an inner-city church located in the West end of Hagerstown, Maryland, about 70 miles Northwest of Washington, DC. We are a small church with a Sunday morning service attendance average of approximately 40 to 45. We exist to worship our Triune God; to evangelize the lost; and to equip believers through spiritual growth and fellowship. We take part in the missions of God's church by providing financial support to five missionaries and also are active in local community activities such as: Annual Chili Feed, Halloween Outreach, Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes, and a food pantry. Our church also has a Deacon's fund, Master's Men, and women's Charis' that also are involved in local ministering.
A Master of Divinity degree or similar training is desired but not mandatory, however, some ministry experience is required. Our applicant will hold to the Grace Brethren directives, support our statement of faith, and firmly believe in the doctrines of scripture as vital for effective ministry. He should be a motivator and a leader who will challenge and inspire people for the Lord. The Pastor will work closely with the Deacons and council members and perform his duties in accordance with the church Constitution and Bylaws. He will be supportive and invilved in church ministries. A passion for evangelism is a definite plus.
Salary and benefits package will be discussed during the interview process. Interested applicants should contact Calvary Grace Brethren Church by e-mail: email@example.com or search committee chairman Michael Karn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastor of Outreach Ministries/Worship Ministries
We’re looking for an engaging pastor to lead our church’s efforts to connect with our community and reach new people. Ideal candidates have a friendly personality and a demonstrated experience for sharing their faith and inviting people to church. This role requires a person who feels equally comfortable ministering to people outside the church building as they do inside the church. This person will also have duel role as a second worship leader on our staff, and will have part of planning weekend services and other worship events.
Specific Duties Include:
1) With the collaboration of other church leaders, create, cast vision, and oversee the local outreach/evangelism ministries of the church. This includes recruiting, managing, and training volunteers in outreach-related ministries and managing the outreach budget.
2) Oversees the Recreation Director and the Recreation Outreach Ministries of GCC, including the Park.
3) Works with our Worship Pastor and Lead Pastor to plan the worship services. Responsible to produce the overall look and feel of one of our worship venues on a Sunday morning, which may include worship leading, coaching other worship leaders, and coaching the tech team in that venue.
4) Will lead worship at other events outside of Sunday mornings as discussed with the Worship Pastor and Lead Pastor.
5) Assist the Worship Pastor in overseeing the worship team members.
6) Will help administrate some worship planning details using Pro-Presenter, Planning Center, and other systems or software.
7) Responsible with the other pastors to help cover the pastoral load of the church including counseling, shepherding care, weddings, funerals, giving input to other ministries—our pastors are a team.
8) Responsible to be a growing and active believer at GCC including:
- must model worship in their life
- must participate in an adult small group, community group, or accountability group for fellowship and growth
- must regularly attend worship service
- must become a member of GCC
*Work week will include all services on Sunday and Wednesday evening and office hours during the week (8:30-4:30) except for Monday being a day completely off of work. Saturday is considered a flex day, which means you don’t need to have set office hours, but you must be available unless on vacation.
*Salary and benefits will be determined later in the interview process.
Those interested should submit a resume to Pastor Jon Rauch (email@example.com).