These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Assistant Pastor/Youth Pastor
Etown Grace Church
Etown Grace is looking for an assistant pastor who will oversee our youth ministry and children’s ministry. He will also provide leadership to our worship or outreach teams according to his gifts and abilities. Our church has a weekly attendance of 110.
Currently our youth group is small. We currently have 4-5 teens There are several youth in our church that are not currently involved in the youth ministry. Our teen ministry is currently led by four adult volunteers
General Position Description
Primary responsibilities include developing and leading of the youth ministries in line with the vision of Etown Grace Church. This will include but not be limited to preparing and leading of all youth teaching and discipleship meetings and service and outreach opportunities. He will be responsible to equip and train a youth volunteer staff to assist in the youth ministry and outreach to our local youth and their families. He will provide leadership to our children’s ministries and be responsible for recruiting and training staff and working with the parents.
Secondary responsibilities will be in the areas of outreach or worship depending on abilities and experience. He will be required to fulfill other pastoral roles as needed such as preaching, visitation and other areas delegated by the lead pastor.
- Meet the qualifications of an overseer/elder, as described in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- College degree, a Bible degree is a plus because Biblical knowledge is essential for this position.
- Track record for growing a youth ministry in making disciples and growing the group in numbers.
- Strong leadership skills and equipping skills in youth ministry.
- Demonstrate servant leadership in working with the lead pastor and elders as well as leading a ministry team.
- Ability to preach and teach God’s Word.
- Must be/become a member in good standing of Etown Grace Church.
- Must adhere to the Constitution, Bylaws, Procedures of the Etown Grace Church.
- 3-5 years of experience in youth ministry in a local church or similar work experience
- Licensed by the Charis Fellowship or willing to pursue being approved for licensure by the Northern Atlantic District of the Charis Fellowship in the first three years and licensed by Etown Grace Church.
- Youth is a major part of this ministry but applicant must also show ability and effectiveness in outreach or worship or other areas of ministry as needed.
- Interest and involvement with community youth organizations like local teen ministries and in schools and the community in general
HOURS:40 hours a week is the minimum work week, though the nature of ministry will require longer hours per week and a more flexible schedule as the needs of the ministry may dictate.
To apply please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com to the church at ATTN: Assistant Pastor Search Committee, Etown Grace, 305 Anchor Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022. Resumes must be submitted by October 15, 2020.
Youth / Children’s Pastor
Immediate opening for Youth / Children’s Pastor at the Grace Brethren Church of Homerville. We are looking to add to our team a hard-working, Bible believing leader who loves children and young people.
His ministry opportunities will include being responsible:
To lead our youth and youth staff.
To be visible and involved with our youth ministries at the different local schools that our youth attend.
For our Sunday morning and Wednesday evening youth and children’s program.
To help cover the pastoral load of our church.
To be a visible and active member of HGBC.
HGBC is a friendly rural church located close to Homerville, Ohio which lies between Medina and Ashland, Ohio. We are known as the spiritual center of our community. We have a caring congregation of 100 members. To find out more about our church, visit homervillegrace.com or visit our Facebook page, Grace Brethren Church of Homerville.
To make a difference contact Pastor George Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org
Immediate opening for Lead Pastor of our church in Delaware, Ohio. Our Lead Pastor, Dave Pacheco, has stepped down. We are looking for someone strong in discipleship, teaching and small groups, with administrative and leadership skills. Our church is located in Delaware, Ohio, a growing college town considered a bedroom community north of Columbus, Ohio. We are located in the fastest growing county of Ohio. Email resume and letter of interest to be considered for this position to Jeff Martin, Interim Lead Pastor, at JeffMartin@DelawareGrace.org.
Do you enjoy connecting others to new opportunities? Are you passionate about building relationships? Or, perhaps you are a gifted vision-caster and communicator. If so, the opportunity to become an Encompass Missions Mobilizer may be a fit for you! Missions Mobilizers network to meet new people, whether online or through travel, helping interested individuals take steps toward engaging the Great Commission. Missions Mobilizers must be team players, demonstrate consistent follow-through, and value investing in people. To explore this opportunity, read the description available on our website at https://www.encompassworldpartners.org/employment/ or e-mail Lindsay with any questions may have email@example.com. We are eager to hear from you!
Fairlawn Grace Brethren Church
Immediate opening for pastor of our church in Radford VA. Our Pastor Lester W. Kennedy is retiring after a lifelong commitment to serving God as a missionary and pastor, and has been pastor here since 1988. Our church is a small older congregation- most have been life long members. We have a nice modern facility and we are located in the New River Valley of Southwest Virginia. Our area has a higher concentration of college students and employees. Also our church is located next to one of the fastest growing residential communities in Pulaski County. Please contact Kelly Rutherford - Trustee to further discuss this opportunity. Email resume and letter of interest to be considered for this position.
THREE CREEKS KIDS DIRECTOR
We are looking for a driven, hard-working, kid-loving leader who feels called by God to spiritually invest in the next generation. This person is responsible for leading Three Creeks Kids, which consists of everyone in our church between birth and 5th grade.
We’re looking for a person who can lead a large team of volunteers (75-150 people) to support and empower parents to raise godly kids. This happens primarily through our Sunday morning Three Creeks Kids program.
· This is a part-time salaried position (24 hours per week)
· Weekly regular working hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays, in addition to Sunday mornings
· Reports to the Lead Pastor in Three Creek’s elder-led structure.
· Believes in the vision of Three Creeks Church and sees raising up the next generation of leaders as a key part of it.
· Builds and empowers a team of key volunteer leaders
· Natural recruiter – makes people want to join the Three Creeks Kids Team
· Visionary who can take us to the next level (more classes, more volunteers, more kids, efficient processes)
· Enjoys working with others on the Three Creeks staff team
· Flexible and fun – can go with the flow and “make things happen” with a positive attitude in a mobile church setting
Three Creeks launched in February 2018 in Gahanna, Ohio with the vision to help people find and follow God. Our church is full of young families with loads of young kids. We believe in the next generation and multiplying leaders, and Three Creeks Kids is a place we get to visibly express both of those beliefs. Three Creeks is a young, growing church and we believe a great Three Creeks Kids leader and program are crucial to accomplish our vision to help people in Gahanna find and follow God.
· Curriculum development and preparation
· Volunteer Management
· New Family + Database Management
· Budget Oversight
Overall Staff Involvement (10%)
· Weekly Staff Meetings
· Biweekly 1 on 1 Meetings with Lead Pastor
· Team Events
Hands-On Ministry and Discipleship (40%)
· Lead a Kids Leadership Team
· Spiritually invest in Kids Team volunteers
· Execute the Sunday Morning Three Creeks Kids program
To find out more about our church, visit threecreekschurch.com
To request an application and questionnaire for this open position, email Joel Trainer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Pastor for Grace Community Church
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at Grace to help reach the next generation with the gospel!
- Responsible to develop and implement a comprehensive program of care, evangelism, spiritual growth, and service opportunities for elementary grades (Kindergarten-Grade 6)
- Responsible to support the families of the children to help them succeed as the spiritual champions in their children’s lives.
- Responsible for a Sunday morning program and a mid-week program.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, equipping and development of leaders and volunteers working in the ministry.
- Responsible to reach children outside our church in our community.
- Responsible to help cover the pastoral load of the entire church including counseling, shepherding care, weddings, funerals, giving input to other ministries, etc.
- Responsible for other tasks that may come up in the course of leading our church—our pastors serve as a team
Responsible to be a growing and active believer at GCC including:
- participating in an adult small group, community group, or accountability group for fellowship and growth
- regularly attend worship service
- become a member of GCC
- heart for children and ability to model the type of volunteer you want
- administrative abilities to organize each area and all the adult volunteers, including a diversely gifted leadership team
- ability to handle a variety of roles: curriculum choices, process of growth, balance of outreach and discipleship ministries, volunteer issues, etc.
- vision-casting ability to recruit all the volunteers necessary and to sell the vision to the congregation/pastoral team
- being responsible for all the items listed above doesn’t mean “doing” all the items listed above—this person should be able to build a team and allows others to use their gifts
Grace Fellowship of Kent, WA is seeking the man called to serve as its pastor
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next pastor. We look forward to hearing from him.
The pastor position is a full-time position (the only paid employee of the church) and is the only pastoral position. The previous pastor retired and relocated. A retired pastor is serving part-time in the pulpit. Sunday school classes and the ministries for women, men and children are led by lay church members. Four men comprise the church elder board. Church member volunteers also perform most typical administrative and worship service duties (e.g., worship music, ushers/stewards, accounting and secretarial, custodial and maintenance).
The church facility is a well-maintained two-story property owned by the church, in a fully developed residential neighborhood (across the street from a public elementary school) in the city of Kent (population 120,000), a suburb of Seattle. The church neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin and has a mix of single-family homes and apartments.
Our ministry serves a blended community of people speaking English and/or Mandarin. Some church activities and small groups involve everyone while others focus on a particular language group. Church worship services are conducted in English with a live audio translation available in Mandarin; attendance averages about 60. We seek a man who will build on our growing church by encouraging and retaining the current church body while inviting others to join with them from Kent and nearby communities.
The church is without debt and has operated with a balanced budget for more than ten years. We expect future giving will need to grow with attendance, but existing church financial resources will provide a buffer while that occurs.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should:
- Review the online “Profile” and “Qualities” information referenced below, and then
Contact the Pastor Search team by email: Pastor.Search@gracekent.org
- When you contact the Pastor Search team, please include your complete resume (educational, credentials and all employment including both pastoral and secular).
- Provide copies of recorded audio files for sermons delivered by you (or provide publicly accessible web links), including information as to when and where the messages were preached.
- Include a cover letter (or email) explaining why you are interested in this ministry and your future availability.
Profile of the church and position: GFK Pastorship opportunity
Qualities and qualifications for the pastor: Qualities desired in a pastor
The church website is: www.gracekent.org