These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Children’s Pastor for Grace Community Church
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team at Grace to help reach the next generation with the gospel!
- Responsible to develop and implement a comprehensive program of care, evangelism, spiritual growth, and service opportunities for elementary grades (Kindergarten-Grade 6)
- Responsible to support the families of the children to help them succeed as the spiritual champions in their children’s lives.
- Responsible for a Sunday morning program and a mid-week program.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, equipping and development of leaders and volunteers working in the ministry.
- Responsible to reach children outside our church in our community.
- Responsible to help cover the pastoral load of the entire church including counseling, shepherding care, weddings, funerals, giving input to other ministries, etc.
- Responsible for other tasks that may come up in the course of leading our church—our pastors serve as a team
Responsible to be a growing and active believer at GCC including:
- participating in an adult small group, community group, or accountability group for fellowship and growth
- regularly attend worship service
- become a member of GCC
- heart for children and ability to model the type of volunteer you want
- administrative abilities to organize each area and all the adult volunteers, including a diversely gifted leadership team
- ability to handle a variety of roles: curriculum choices, process of growth, balance of outreach and discipleship ministries, volunteer issues, etc.
- vision-casting ability to recruit all the volunteers necessary and to sell the vision to the congregation/pastoral team
- being responsible for all the items listed above doesn’t mean “doing” all the items listed above—this person should be able to build a team and allows others to use their gifts
Assistant Pastor/Youth Pastor
Etown Grace Church
Etown Grace is looking for an assistant pastor who will oversee our youth ministry and children’s ministry. He will also provide leadership to our worship or outreach teams according to his gifts and abilities. Our church has a weekly attendance of 110.
Currently our youth group has mainly seniors who will be graduating. The remaining youth group will be small. There are several youth in our church that are not currently involved in the youth ministry. Our teen ministry is currently led by four adult volunteers
General Position Description
Primary responsibilities include developing and leading of the youth ministries in line with the vision of Etown Grace Church. This will include but not be limited to preparing and leading of all youth teaching and discipleship meetings and service and outreach opportunities. He will be responsible to equip and train a youth volunteer staff to assist in the youth ministry and outreach to our local youth and their families. He will provide leadership to our children’s ministries and be responsible for recruiting and training staff and working with the parents.
Secondary responsibilities will be in the areas of outreach or worship depending on abilities and experience. He will be required to fulfill other pastoral roles as needed such as preaching, visitation and other areas delegated by the lead pastor.
- Meet the qualifications of an overseer/elder, as described in 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9
- College degree, a Bible degree is a plus because Biblical knowledge is essential for this position.
- Track record for growing a youth ministry in making disciples and growing the group in numbers.
- Strong leadership skills and equipping skills in youth ministry.
- Demonstrate servant leadership in working with the lead pastor and elders as well as leading a ministry team.
- Ability to preach and teach God’s Word.
- Must be/become a member in good standing of Etown Grace Church.
- Must adhere to the Constitution, Bylaws, Procedures of the Etown Grace Church.
- 3-5 years of experience in youth ministry in a local church or similar work experience
- Licensed by the Charis Fellowship or willing to pursue being approved for licensure by the Northern Atlantic District of the Charis Fellowship in the first three years and licensed by Etown Grace Church.
- Youth is a major part of this ministry but applicant must also show ability and effectiveness in outreach or worship or other areas of ministry as needed.
- Interest and involvement with community youth organizations like local teen ministries and in schools and the community in general
HOURS:40 hours a week is the minimum work week, though the nature of ministry will require longer hours per week and a more flexible schedule as the needs of the ministry may dictate.
To apply please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com to the church at ATTN: Assistant Pastor Search Committee, Etown Grace, 305 Anchor Rd, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.
Caribbean Vision Ministries (CVM), a ministry serving in several countries in the Caribbean as well as Southeast Florida, is looking for a new Executive Director. CVM is involved in church planting, leadership development, orphan care, and evangelism. CVM’s is also focused on helping local churches in the United States minister to the people of the Caribbean. CVM is organized by national teams in SE Florida, Bahamas, Haiti, and Trinidad, with team leaders on each field.
CVM is looking for the right man to lead this organization in accomplishing the ministry to which CVM is called. This man should have administrative and organizational skills, interpersonal relationship skills, fundraising skills, as well as the ability to travel frequently to represent CVM. CVM is lead by a Board of Directors, which includes the field leaders. The new Executive Director will need to work with this Board and team leaders in following the Lord’s direction for CVM.
Interested parties should contact the CVM Executive Director Search Committee Chairman and express interest in this position. A resume with references should also be sent. Once resumes are reviewed, the Search Committee will schedule a mutually convenient time for an interview. The interview may be in person or via video conference, depending on locations.
Please send resumes and information to:
CVM Executive Director Search Com Chairman
Dr. Rich Schnieders
Friendship Grace Brethren Church
10251 Metro Pkway #116
Fort Myers, FL 33966
Encompass World Partners is looking for an individual to join our Mobilization Services team in the Finance department, sending and sustaining cross-cultural workers to make disciples among the least reached peoples of the world. At Encompass, you could use your professional skills to make an eternal difference.
We currently have the position of Accounting Manager open. This position is local and full-time. We are praying that God would lead the right person to this position on the team. It may fit you! You can see the full description of this ministry opportunity on our website: EncompassWorldPartners.org/Hiring.
Campus Ministry Position
Reports to Campus Leadership Team Coordinator and accountable to Campus Leadership team
The pastor/director of outreach inspires, equips and mobilizes the saints for evangelism in our local community and in the world (Discovering the Story of God). He leads the teams critical to the assimilation of newcomers into discipleship (Discipling into the Family of God). He creates and maintains service points between the church and the community (Delivering the Love of God).
He coordinates with the media and marketing teams for outreach events. The pastor/director of outreach serves as a non-voting member of the campus elder team. The pastor/director of outreach works inter-dependently as a member of the Campus Leadership Team to equip the Body of Christ to do the work of the ministry with a focus in evangelism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Has an inspirational and influential personality who champions evangelism.
-Is able to publicly communicate the great commission.
-Participates on the preaching team.
-Provides visionary leadership and strategic thinking for overall outreach strategy.
-Integrates prayer and outreach.
-Creates environments and training to facilitate evangelism.
-Equips and coordinates people to deliver the love of God at gathering events and scattering initiatives.
-Recruit, train and develop First Impressions Team
-Develops and oversees Assimilation Process.
- Plans, coordinates and executes Gathering (attractional) Outreach Events.
-Plans, coordinates and executes Scattering (missional) Initiatives.
-Connects and builds relationships with local authorities and organizations in order to deliver the love of God to our community.
-Plans, coordinates and executes short-term mission trips.
-Works in cooperation with the elder of missions, missions team and missions philosophy.
-A willingness to reach people cross-culturally in our local community.
-Shows primary gifting of an evangelist through ministry history and APEST testing.
- Demonstrates high interpersonal and verbal communication skills including and an ability to connect with people from many backgrounds and life stages.
-Shows evidence of good public communication and team communication with a commitment to work in an elder-led ministry.
-A strong track record of self-motivation and organization with little supervision.
-A strong track record of good teamwork skills with ministry peers and supervisors.
-Demonstrates experience in building, empowering and leading effective ministry teams, especially outreach teams.
-Agreement with our statement of faith.
- Graduation from a reputable college, Bible college or seminary, with a minimum M.A. degree. If without a degree, commensurate experience will be considered.
-Licensed/ordained minister of the gospel. If not licensed, exhibiting progress toward examination for licensure.
-A minimum of 3-years experience in a ministry of reaching unreached people.
-Spiritual life in accordance with Penn Valley Church’s qualification of elders.
Go to Penn Valley Church to find out more about who we are as a church.
Grace Fellowship of Kent, WA is seeking the man called to serve as its pastor
Grace Fellowship Church of Kent, Washington is seeking the man called by God to become its next pastor. We look forward to hearing from him.
The pastor position is a full-time position (the only paid employee of the church) and is the only pastoral position. The previous pastor retired and relocated. A retired pastor is serving part-time in the pulpit. Sunday school classes and the ministries for women, men and children are led by lay church members. Four men comprise the church elder board. Church member volunteers also perform most typical administrative and worship service duties (e.g., worship music, ushers/stewards, accounting and secretarial, custodial and maintenance).
The church facility is a well-maintained two-story property owned by the church, in a fully developed residential neighborhood (across the street from a public elementary school) in the city of Kent (population 120,000), a suburb of Seattle. The church neighborhood is very diverse in race and ethnic origin and has a mix of single-family homes and apartments.
Our ministry serves a blended community of people speaking English and/or Mandarin. Some church activities and small groups involve everyone while others focus on a particular language group. Church worship services are conducted in English with a live audio translation available in Mandarin; attendance averages about 60. We seek a man who will grow this church by encouraging and retaining the current church body while inviting others to join with them from Kent and nearby communities.
The church is without debt and has operated with a balanced budget for more than ten years. We expect future giving will need to grow with attendance, but existing church financial resources will provide a buffer while that occurs.
Men who have an interest in learning more about the opportunity to shepherd this flock and reach out for Christ should:
- Review the online “Profile” and “Qualities” information referenced below, and then
Contact the Pastor Search team by email: Pastor.Search@gracekent.org
- When you contact the Pastor Search team, please include your complete resume (educational, credentials and all employment including both pastoral and secular).
- Provide copies of recorded audio files for sermons delivered by you (or provide publicly accessible web links), including information as to when and where the messages were preached.
- Include a cover letter (or email) explaining why you are interested in this ministry and your future availability.
Profile of the church and position: GFK Pastorship opportunity
Qualities and qualifications for the pastor: Qualities desired in a pastor
The church website is: www.gracekent.org