These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
RESIDENCY PROGRAM JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION PURPOSE: To contribute toward the mission of developing all people into fully devoted followers of Christ while developing as a leader and gaining experience for vocational ministry.
- Consistently teach and model full devotion to Jesus Christ before the church and the community.
- Be faithful, available, and teachable.
- Champion the church’s mission, values, vision, & strategy while being a team player.
- Participate in personal discipleship through the ministry of Grace Church by regularly attending services, participating in a group, and being involved in ministry and mission.
- Engage regularly in relationships with those outside of faith in Christ with the purpose of pointing them to the hope found in Jesus.
- Be professional by using discretion with all information received while working in the Grace Church office and ministry.
- Possess a commitment pursuing a career in vocational ministry.
Job description will vary depending on area of ministry focus (Pastoral, Grace Students, Grace Kids, Worship, Next Steps, Outreach). General professional responsibilities include:
- Performing functions such as (but not limited to): devotions, prayer, sharing the gospel, biblical teaching, funerals, weddings, and hospital visits as assigned by the supervisor.
- Engaging in disciple-making ministry
- Using gifts and abilities to contribute to the ministry of Grace Church
- Becoming a leader who invites, equips and releases other leaders and teams to leaders.
- Having a growth mindset and being open to learn new techniques. Receive training from skilled staff and regularly train themselves to develop new techniques.
- Possessing a strong work ethic along with being self-directed, organized, a self-starter, pro-active and dependable.
- Developing strong communication, planning, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Actively engaging in any and all meetings and assigned roles or all-church events or initiatives as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assuming other responsibilities as assigned.
- If applicable, pursuing further education during residency as needed.
- This is a full time, temporary position of 40 hours per week for 1 year (renewable)