These ministry opportunities have been submitted by churches and ministries that are associated with the Charis Fellowship. Any ministry engagement (paid or volunteer) that comes as a result of this announcement should be entered into with due diligence and legal review. The Charis Fellowship does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Persons contacting these ministries are not recommended by the Charis Fellowship.
Show All Opportunities
INTRODUCTION: The Calvary Grace Brethren Church is prayerfully seeking its next Senior Pastor. We desire this man to have a passion for church replanting/revitalization and the preaching of God’s Word. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit the following items to [email protected] by 03/31/2022:
- At Least 2 Videos of Yourself Preaching (links or files)
- Candidate Application & Questionnaire (application will be automatically sent upon completion) Click Here
THE OPPORTUNITY IN A SENTENCE:
The Senior Pastor will provide biblical leadership for Calvary Grace Brethren Church (GBC) through focusing on the preaching of God’s Word, discipleship, equipping, and empowering the church body for ministry (2 Timothy 4:1-2, I Peter 5:1-4, Ephesians 4:11-12).
- Meets the qualifications of elder/overseer found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Wholeheartedly agrees with Calvary’s statement of faith.
- Ordained in the Charis Fellowship (or willing to pursue).
- MDiv (or equivalent), or Commensurate Experience.
- Excellent Communicator.
- Passion for Discipleship, Equipping, & Empowering.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of an elder/overseer as outlined in the Scriptures (Acts 20:28-31, Titus 1:9, 1 Peter 5:1-4, Hebrews 13:7, 17; James 5:14). The Senior Pastor is “first among equals,” and is responsible for setting the pace for the Council and other church leaders to follow.
- Provide visionary leadership by preaching the Word of God each Sunday through a comprehensive, expositional, and applicable study of the Scriptures – 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:16-4:5.
- Lead ministry leaders in developing, clarifying, refining, and implementing a Christ-Centered vision of ministry for Calvary.
- Equip the saints to do the work of ministry and to edify the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11).
- Administrate and meet regularly with the church staff.
- Plan the weekly Sunday worship service(s) in coordination with appropriate ministry leaders.
- Coordinate and prayerfully develop/plan other ministry programming in coordination with the appropriate ministry leaders.
- Shepherd the church to love and care for one another as well as minister to the sick and needy.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all Ministry Teams, Boards, and Commissions.
- Develop a community presence through participation in community events, organizations, etc. with the specific purpose of representing Christ and the church in community life.
- Be actively involved with the Charis Fellowship and Mid-Atlantic District Network.
- Officiate weddings/funerals as needed and as schedule allows.
- Provide counseling as appropriate to abilities/skills/experience.
- Carry out the ordinances of the church (Three-fold Communion & Triune Immersion) in cooperation with the Deacons.
- Work with the Council and Deacons to handle church discipline and conflict in the church, seeking to reconcile relationships and promote unity within the church.
- Click Here for a PDF document that includes a brief overview of Calvary GBC and Hagerstown, MD
- Click Here for a printable version of the above Ministry Description.
- The Mid-Atlanct District has been working closely with Calvary over the last several months with regarding this pastoral search. Feel free to find and contact any Mid-Atlantic District leaders at Access 2021 to inquire more about Calvary and this opportunity (Dan Pritchett, Dan Thornton, Davey Ermold, Timothy Clothier).