A New Cohort at Access2018
In case you did not notice it, I want to inform you of a new cohort this year. It is for Lead Pastor Administrative Assistants and is being led by Pastor Kevin’ Pinkerton’s Administrative Assistant of seven years, Kristine Lucius.
When Kristine emailed me the idea for this cohort, she mentioned that she would love to cover the following….
- organization (2 year sermon series planning board, sermon dates/titles page, weekly staff sheets, etc....)
- communication (tips on successfully communicating with a growing staff)
- how to handle the increasing amount of tech programs
- adjusting to the style and needs of our Lead Pastor and not expecting him to adjust to the assistant’s style and needs
- the rest of the secretarial staff - who is the best person to supervise them and how
- office layout / desk organization
- and much more
- most of all, a network where Lead Pastor Assistant’s can glean wisdom and help from each other to support Lead Pastors in the very important role that God has called them
Here is the cohort description:
A Lead Pastor Administrative Assistant has a very important role in helping the Lead Pastor do his job effectively. It is important to be confidential and trusted, cheerful, friendly, pleasant, and to have the ability to work with and serve a wide spectrum of people. It is also very important to be organized, able to prioritize projects, be proactive, able to foresee potential problems and to communicate clearly and concisely to the Lead Pastor and to others on his behalf. All of these things must be done with a joyful, caring, Christ-like disposition. This cohort will be full of practical tips on everything from the small and mundane duties to the importance of representing the Lead Pastor, the church, and Christ well. Most of all, it will include tried and true practices that the top Lead Pastors have reported as things they appreciate from their Administrative Assistants and that help them do their jobs more effectively.
Kristine is excited and passionate about leading this and developing a network for her and her peers.
I hope that you encourage your Administrative Assistant to attend. It is offered on Tuesday, July 24, 11:00a – 12:15p and 2:30p – 3:30p. When signing up, your assistants can use the special discount code LeadPastorAdmin along with a one-day registration (currently $55) to save $30. Let me know if you have any questions.
Link to this page: http://charisfellowship.us/page/execadmins?keyy=execadmins